X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sandalsocks
    • Aug 2007

rotel rsx series recommendation

hi all,

I'm looking to slowly build a simple (non-separates) 5.1 system. Of course, like many others here, I'd like to have the rsx-1058 but the price is way to high and many would agree. I'd like to have full hdmi (video and audio) capabilities of the rsx-1058 but realistically I can't prioritize my money to it.

As a stop gap measure I was thinking of picking up a new rsx-1057 or a used rsx-1056. It seems like a used 1056 is more common. Would a rsx-1056 be a better stop gap b/c it seems like the resale of it is cheaper? I know the rsx-1057 has hdmi input/output but its only video switching only so that doesn't help me at all with my needs (ideally using most hmdi and simplifying cables). I tried finding post on the differences between the 1056 and 1507 but couldn't find any thing conclusive, just marketing and people who just want the latest model.

Any recommendations?
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

The RSX-1056 and RSX-1057 are the same receiver outside of the two HDMI inputs on the RSX-1057. If a used RSX-1056 is in the price range for you that would be the one to get. If you can afford the RSX-1057 get that. Since it's newer and has the two HDMI inputs it will have better resale value in the future if you do upgrade.

Eric

Comment

• gruss
      • Sep 2007

I just got a pretty nice deal on a 1067 most likely since its about to be replaced and I can vouch for the niceness
      I didnt directly compare to the models you have listed but it seems like the HDMI capability adds substantially to the price tag since the 1067 was about 500 bucks cheaper than the 1058 (i think it was a rsx 1058?) which also sounded very nice but since I had no need for HDMI switching I opted for the extra oomph

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"