X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DUCKY
    • Nov 2005

Pfew, finally got access to OSD

After quite some fiddling I managed to get the OSD on my RSX 1056 working, or more precisely I got to see the menu. I am using a large LCD screen as a monitor and it took me a while to get the menu of the RSX-1056 on the screen.

For some reason the composite and s-vhs cable didn't seem to work with the LCD screen. I was about to start lugging around our old Sony TV to connect, but then I remembered I had a Pinnacle PC-TV box in some drawer. I didn't use it for TV anymore since I have too many issues with conflicting drivers, but it also converts s-vhs and composite to be able to view on a computer. And wouldn't you know it, it actually works. I wasn't quite able to go through the menu quickly since there appears to be some sort of a delay (sounds familiar??) but it worked.

I programmed my CD, Tuner and Video 1 (labelled IPOD) input to default in bypass mode. I am now a happy camper!

I will have to get back to the manual to find out all other HT options. A small step for one man.....a giant leap for audio comfort. :T

Lennart
  • fordster
    • Feb 2005

Yeah, it's tricky to set up without the OSD! I discovered that after connecting all mine up, pressing the menu and wondering where it was as I expected all the setup to be done from the receivers display like my old Denon was. I then had to unplug it all connect it up to my LCD TV (I used component though as I had a spare input and cables). It made life much easier!
    Dave

Comment

• mach330
      • Mar 2006

sorry to bring up an old thread. i can't get to my osd menu either. i have my set top box connected to componen1 1 and dvd player to component 2. when i press the osd menu, nothing happens. i see some glitches like it's trying to display it, but nothing. any ideas?

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Sounds like both components are displaying higher then 480i. Progressive for your DVD and HD for your set-top. Switch to VIDEO3 and try again. That should get you a screen. Once there, go to the setup menu and change video 1 and video 2 PROGRESSIVE to ON.

Kevin D.

Comment

• mach330
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Kevin D
          Sounds like both components are displaying higher then 480i. Progressive for your DVD and HD for your set-top. Switch to VIDEO3 and try again. That should get you a screen. Once there, go to the setup menu and change video 1 and video 2 PROGRESSIVE to ON.

Kevin D.
          i'm almost positive i turned both videos to be progressive. cuz i actully got to the osd menu by switching to a different video, but now i can't seem to figure out how to get it back. so are you saying that i shouldn't/can't display anything higher than 480i for me to see the menu? even with progressive on?

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

With progressive turned on, the osd will mute the video. If progressive is not turned on it will try to display it over the video. It's it's higher then 480i you will get garbage/interference.

Kevin D.

Comment

• mach330
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Kevin D
              With progressive turned on, the osd will mute the video. If progressive is not turned on it will try to display it over the video. It's it's higher then 480i you will get garbage/interference.

Kevin D.
              ok so i tried it last night and i actually get nothing. i know it tries to switch to osd menu because my screen goes away and it says "not supported". is it possible to just connect one of the video composite outputs to my tv (while everything that I had originally connected stays connected) and keep switching to video1,2,3,etc until the osd menu shows up? Is there a better way to do this?

Comment

• Marlboroman
                • Aug 2005

Make sure that your remote is set to control "AUD" first so that it knows it is sending the command to the processor.

Comment

• mach330
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Marlboroman
                  Make sure that your remote is set to control "AUD" first so that it knows it is sending the command to the processor.
                  yep...did that cuz my screen goes blank so I know it's doing something else.

Comment

• Kevin D
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Oct 2002

Do you have a phillips TV? Those and others have two component inputs, one for 480P and higher, the other for 480i only. If your component input is for 480P and higher you'll never get the OSD.

Your idea of just running a composite and switching inputs when needed is the best way to make it work.

Kevin D.

Comment

• mach330
                      • Mar 2006

so last night i switch to video 1 which is my stb, but i turned off my stb and i still can't see the menu. am i missing something? if the problem is that both my sources are higher than 480i, then turning off the source should fix the problem right?

Comment

• Kevin D
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Oct 2002

Did you see my last reply about the inputon your tv?

Kevin D.

Comment

• mach330
                          • Mar 2006

finally got it...i used my component connection in my tv that can display 480i and i was able to see the osd. thanks Kevin..

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"