X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • halobelo
    • Jun 2008

Apply RSX 1065 to RB 993

I would like to connect my RSX 1065 to a Rotel RB 993 Amplifier.
    Have a B&W XT HT (XT4/XTC/PV!1/Rears).
    Is this possible (HOW?) and would be an improvment in stereosound?
    ;x(
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

It is possible and quite easy. Just connect the preamp outputs (the left, center, and right) from the receiver to the amp and hook the speakers up to the amp and your done.

And yes it would be a big improvement in performance.

Eric

Comment

• halobelo
      • Jun 2008

Thank you for reply, i connect my subwoofer&rears to my 1065 and the fronts/center to the rb993...ok...do i have to setup the rsx in a special way to manage this setting?

Comment

• hifiguymi
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2007

No. You need to calibrate the system just like before with an SPL meter but other than that you should be set.

Eric

Comment

• htsteve
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by halobelo
          Thank you for reply, i connect my subwoofer&rears to my 1065 and the fronts/center to the rb993...ok...do i have to setup the rsx in a special way to manage this setting?

halobeto,

I don't believe you will need to do anything in the Rotel reciever in order to 'activate' or 'control' the pre outs. However, I would access the receiver menu and run some test tones to make sure you hooked up the front three channels correctly. Then, you can run a calibration disk to balance all the speakers. It's always a good idea to rebalance when you add a major piece to the system.

As was noted, you should definitely experience an improvement to your audio. Bigger soundstage, better dynamics. I remember when I went to an external amp, these were the biggest areas of improvement. But, all areas improved.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"