X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vicente
    • May 2004

Components out from RDV 1060 thru RSX 1056

Hello everybody.

As I just bought a Mitsubishi HC3000 projector (resolution up to 1080i), I changed the components connections from directly from the RDV1060 to the projector, to pass through the RSX 1056 so I could connect some more devices to the pj with the same cable.

My dealer told me I should expect even a better image as the rsx 1056 would send 1080i to the projector.

I'm checking the resolution the projector says it's getting in and it keeps in 576p (the same as doing it directly from the 1060).

As I'm a newbie in this area I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if my dealer is too optimistic.

So I have a some questions:

Anyone knows which resolution should I expect from the component output of the 1056?

Is it a loss of picture quality going from the DVD to the PJ thru the 1056 or it is always better to send the signal directly from the DVD?(it means how good is the 1056 processing video signals)

Why if I connect the 1060 to the pj it says 576p but if I connect it to a Pioneer HD Plasma it says 625p?(numbers apply for PAL DVD's).

Thanks for your advice and answers.

edited numbers: 720p for 625p
    Last edited by Vicente; 08 February 2006, 03:28 Wednesday.
  • fordster
    • Feb 2005

I thought it was just pass through on the 1056 so you're only going to get the same resolution as connecting the 1060 direct to the projector.
    Dave

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Fordster is correct, it's just as pass through. Not sure what your dealer was smoking that day..

Kevin D.

Comment

• Vicente
        • May 2004

Thanks Fordster and Kevin. That's what I supposed too, that the receiver couldn't do any upscaling.

Still I'm curious about why the output from the DVD to the projector says 576p(pal dvd's) and less (I don't remember, meybe four hundred something) for NTSC and when connected to the plasma, it says 625p (PAL DVD's) and 525p (for NTSC DVD's).

Best regards

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Different ways of saying the same thing..

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"