X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • miket
    • Oct 2004

Stereo PreAmp Review: RC-1082 V RC-1070

Hi,
    I just wanted to give a few comments on the RC-1082 that I obtained recently. I moved my RC-1070 to my bedroom system and replaced it with an RC-1082 in the main system.

1. Overall the difference is very noticeable, more so than I thought. I had figured that the weakest link in my hifi was the RC-1070 but the superior performance of the RC-1082 was noticeable out of the box and has improved after about 6hrs of usage.

2. Bass has improved and is cleaner and deeper. Mids and highs are more 'balanced' than before and are cleaner and clearer. The soundstage is more 3-dimensional and there is more seperation between instruments. For some CDs the difference is striking. It almost seems that my hifi has more power and more control, something I didn't expect from a preamp change.

3. In general it seems that a curtain has been lifted off my speakers and overall clarity has improved. I think that now I've a more balanced hifi with no 'weak' link. My system is RCD-1072, RC-1082, 2 Linn LK85 with active Xover, Linn Katan configured for active use.

Summary - the difference between the RC-1070 and RC-1082 was more than expected and a very pleasant surprise. I highly recommend this pre for the money.

miket
  • vifferboy
    • Mar 2007

I have the RCD1072, RC1070 and RB1080 with a pair of Dynaudio Focus 110s. Everytime I read comments like yours about the RC1082 I wonder if I should be replacing the RC1070 ....

Comment

• RoMan
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by miket
      Hi,
      I just wanted to give a few comments on the RC-1082 that I obtained recently. I moved my RC-1070 to my bedroom system and replaced it with an RC-1082 in the main system.

1. Overall the difference is very noticeable, more so than I thought. I had figured that the weakest link in my hifi was the RC-1070 but the superior performance of the RC-1082 was noticeable out of the box and has improved after about 6hrs of usage.

2. Bass has improved and is cleaner and deeper. Mids and highs are more 'balanced' than before and are cleaner and clearer. The soundstage is more 3-dimensional and there is more seperation between instruments. For some CDs the difference is striking. It almost seems that my hifi has more power and more control, something I didn't expect from a preamp change.

3. In general it seems that a curtain has been lifted off my speakers and overall clarity has improved. I think that now I've a more balanced hifi with no 'weak' link. My system is RCD-1072, RC-1082, 2 Linn LK85 with active Xover, Linn Katan configured for active use.

Summary - the difference between the RC-1070 and RC-1082 was more than expected and a very pleasant surprise. I highly recommend this pre for the money.

miket
      I am currently thinking of getting the RC 1070 for my bedroom within a couple of days. Should I now reconsider?? It is used for around 400.00 CAD dollars. It is a few months old. Well I may still be looking into seeing if I can purchase this piece of equipment for my bedroom. The reviews I have read on it seem to be pretty positive so it should do the job.

RoMan
      :T

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"