X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xpecoach
    • Mar 2008

Rotel RB-1090

Does anyone have experience driving Vandersteen 1C speakers with the Rotel RB-1090 amp. Would this be a good match?
    Xpecoach
  • lvhung
    • Jun 2005

I think 1090 only match with bigger speakers

Comment

• zmanbands
      • May 2007

Have no experience with Vanderstein but the 1090 matches well with my Klipsch RF-7 speakers. And the 1090 runs fairly cool and draws little amps [.6amps]. This is a GREAT amp.

Comment

• wkhanna
        Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

:agree:
        I have heard Zmanband's system, and it is V good! The 1090 is wonderful!

Also, if you don't have power hungry speakers, or are still building your system and planning future upgrades, if you get the 1090 now, it will be many many years before you ever would need anything better.

As always, AIMHO.

Choose wisely, grasshopper!
        _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
        ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• zmanbands
          • May 2007

Thanks Bill. I appreciate your opinion.

Comment

• DL86
            • Sep 2005

I have no experience with those particular speakers, but do have a RB-1090 powering a set of paradigm studio 100v3's in a surround speaker system and am always amazed at how good they sound. This amp can push my speakers to their limits with reserves to spare. It can play both very dynamically and subtle when needed. Just watched the Island the other day, took my breath away this one.

I was looking for a sub that will add to my systems current bass capabilities and have settled on a SVS PB-13 ultra which will arrive in precisely 3 weeks time

Comment

• xpecoach
              • Mar 2008

Rotel Rb - 1090

Thanks to all who responded to my question about powering my Vandersteen 1C speakers with the RB - 1090
              Jerry

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"