rb 1090 & klipsch rf7 together ??????????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ecthelion
    • Jan 2006

rb 1090 & klipsch rf7 together ??????????

i got maranzt sr8500 and klipsch rf7 only used for 2 channel im not saying am not happy however sometimes i got that feeling that im missing something.i know that getting rotel amp(rb 1090) would make me feel a lot better ....anybody out there having this combo ???????a lot better or just a little bit......??????????????should i keep sr 8500 or just exchange the units...my cd/dvd player is marantz(dv6500) as well what about changing for rotel's cd player ?????????change both??????????what do you think?????????
  • rushisrighton
    • Oct 2005

I hear ya! I think your marantz is probably better in the music dept. than my yamaha, (way bright...so far). But for HT with RF-7's, they sound awesome. I can't tell you much about what to do, I'll leave that up to jerry he'll give you solid advice on an amp, but I'm sure there is a ton of room for improvement.

I think that in order to succeed in music with these it might require 1. a good amp 200wpc min. Aragon, Rotel, B&k,sunfire (maybe even in that order) and 2. a Dean G. crossover mod. But that is only from what I have learned in these forums, not from personal experience. Currently I'm in the same boat as you but I"ve been working on alot of other upgrades, saving the pre/pro as my crem da'la' crem.

Comment

• ecthelion
      • Jan 2006

Jerry???????????????????????

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

There was one poster, who I haven't seen posting lately...but she got the RB-1090 and said it made a huge difference over her old set up (might have been marantz, don't know)...But I'm pretty sure it was an integrated power source type that she went from.

So in other words, yes it will make a huge difference!
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• soundhound
          • Mar 2004

I currently run the 7's with a 1090. @ lower listening levels the 1080 sounded very similar, VERY nice amp.......@ higher volumes the 1090 walks away. The source makes all the difference in the world with the RF's from Klipsch. My RB-1075 makes my RF3's sound like they should. Rotel and Klipsch make a great combo, with a good source.
          Pewter, Kathy Mason is who you were after I believe.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"