X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wedge
    • Jan 2008

RSX 1067 Cooling Fan: "On-n-off-n-on-n-off-n-on-n-off"

I'm wonderfully satisfied with my Rotel RSX 1067 and have enjoyed it for close to 2 years. However, today I noticed something new. After an extended listening to a DVD in 7-channel stereo--the fan started and stopped, repeatedly--as if it just couldn't get started. It'd run for 1/2-1 second; turn off for 5 seconds; try to start again; turn off for 5-7 seconds; then repeat over and over.

The fan has always worked normally. After listening to demanding passages at high volume--the fan will run continuously for 30-60 seconds. But this time--it's as if the fan just couldn't get going--or tripped and turned off before even getting started.

Nothing has changed in the space around the receiver, and I wasn't listening to it any louder or longer than I have in the past.

Perhaps someone can give me an idea as to whether or not you think there is something I should check out or not. Thanks, Wedge.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Have you flipped it over and cleaned out the fans lately? A dust build up on the blades might cause an increase in resistence making the fan controller think they are damaged. Or one (I think there is two) might be going out.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Wedge
      • Jan 2008

Kevin--Thanks

Great suggestion. I'll take a look.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"