X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gostan
    • May 2003

Pics Of RSX-1067 & 1056 on Rotel Website

The rotel.com North America website now shows pictuures of rsx-1067 ann rsx-1056 in New Products section with delivery dates of February and March, respectively. Owners manuals cannot be to far behind.
    Stan
  • triDave
    • Dec 2003

Wonder when the pics for rsp-1068 will be there??? They have already move rsp-1066 to the product archive

I'm eagerly awaiting the 1068... My guess is april, anyone have any thought on this?

Dave

Comment

• gostan
      • May 2003

I would have expected the 1068 picture to be on the website as my Rotel dealer advises me that Rotel has allowed him to place orders for the 1068, but not for the receivers.

I am eagerly awaiting the new equipment as Rotel has taken a full credit return from my dealer of my long never to be repaired properly 1055. I am still torn between either a 1098-1075 combo or a 1068-1075 combo, if I elect to stay with Rotel equipment. I am exploring the possibility of Anthem or Parasound, but I do not really want to spend that much money.
      Stan

Comment

• triDave
        • Dec 2003

Me too! All the information I have gotten so far pointed out that the rsp1068 would be the first to come.

Dave

Comment

• eelco74
          • Dec 2002

Hi Tridave,

I hope it will be the end of March, beginning of April. There is still no definate word about delivery in Europe.

Anyway it seems that for Europe the rsp-1068 and RSX-1056 will come forst. The RSX-1067 will be last (summer) . But still no real conformation.

But I will be informed about this, so if I find out.......

Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
          Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
          Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• Jarrod
            • Feb 2004

I sent email to marketing@rotel.com on Wed. and was told that they would be updating the website yesterday (Thurs Feb 5) and today with info about the RSP-1068.

I hope by the end of the day there is more than just a picture on the homepage. I need to make a decision soon and not having full information on specs/features of the new Rotel gear is a major drag...

Comment

• Tha Freak
              • Jul 2003

Physically, the RSX-1056 appears to be exactly like the RSX-1055 (that I have)

what are the "internal" differences?

And (if the differences are woth it) is there a way with my dealer that I can exchange it for the newer model??

- - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?
              -Mr. Blond in Reservoir Dogs
              - - - - - - - - - -

Comment

• Azeke
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2003

Tha Freak,

I believe the differences are, in general, new upgraded DACs and a new processor, other forum members can elaborate on the specifics. If the upgraded DACs on the 1056 are anywhere close to the 1098 then I would say it would be worth the upgrade. I upgraded from the 1066 to the 1098 and the sonics are absolutely marvelous. I would at least take it for a test drive, if you dealer allows that, and make a comparison. Your mileage may vary.

As far as upgrading that would depend on your dealer, my dealer allows me to upgrade equipment within a year of purchase, with very minor discounts.

Hope this helps,

Azeke

Comment

• Tha Freak
                  • Jul 2003

In that case, what are the doing??

they are trading the new unit against the old and a few dollars more?? (how much)

- - - - - - - - - -

-Mr. Blond in Reservoir Dogs
                  - - - - - - - - - -

Comment

• eelco74
                    • Dec 2002

I dont quite get your last remark,

the 1068 will have quite a few features from the 1098 like :

video up converting
                    DTS24/96 and DPL IIx
                    bypass mode like the 1098
                    group delay (important for DPL/LCD beamers)
                    Same software as the 1098
                    And hopefully the new RR1070 (not confirmed)

So it seems the 1068 is quite a step forward. For a minor price difference...

Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
                    Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
                    Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"