X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stage1
    • Oct 2007

Class D Amp

Can anyone tell me what the differences between the RB 1090 and the class D amps are other than power. And by the way, thats a lot of power- 500 watts per channel, 1092 for something that only weighs 22 lbs. Also why did they discontinue the 1090. I just purchased one on ebay and was wondering if there is any issues that I should be concerned with regarding this model? Thanks.
  • mike c
    • Dec 2005

except for the absence of a 12v trigger on the 1090, it's supposed to be the best amp rotel has ... it's 2 ohm stable.

the only benefits you get with class d is more power in a smaller and less heat generating box.

Comment

• Ferres
      • Jan 2007

RB-1090 will probably throw out your back. :P

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

Hi,

I have listened to both the RB-1090 and RB-1092 extensively... Both are great amps.. Sound quite different to me... I had a preference for the RB-1092 but my companion in listenning prefered the RB-1090... If you use the search function you will find some great threads debating the differences... Be happy with yours - the best traditional amp that Rotel has ever made and many people are still looking for them second hand

Geoff

Comment

• zmanbands
          • May 2007

You will be happy with your 1090 I am with mine

My speakers are very efficient. I was pleasantly surprised at how cool the 1090 runs. Get help putting it in place. Once there, moving it on a shelf is not difficult. Check the box for "ANY DAMAGE" and have the delivery guy mark it box damaged if you can find any box damage. This will help if once inside you find damage. Happy listening.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"