X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yukon.denali
    • Dec 2004

RC-1090 discontinued?

Is it ture that Rotel plans to discontinue the RC-1090 pre-amp? Is there a new replacement model coming out?

Thanks,
    -Yukon
  • Zoran
    • Apr 2005

No exact info available yet on RC-1090, but recently rumoured release of new digital power amps (1091, 1092) within fall 2005 might indicate changes in other product lines. If so, I would expect upgrade to fully balanced top-end two-channell pre (it is my wish, no info on it), since RC-1090 is still "only" pseudobalanced. I own RC-1090 paired with RB-1080. Rotel preamps seem to be weaker member of the chain compared to Rotel power amps...

Zoran, Macedonia
    Last edited by Zoran; 09 June 2005, 08:42 Thursday.

Comment

• EAmin
      • Aug 2004

Any new news on this? I see the RC-1090 has been removed from the North American website. Is there a new model coming out this year, and what can we expect? Thanks!

Comment

• Andrew M Ward
        • Apr 2005

I think you can get 1090's fairly easily (No?)
        Yes they have been discontinued, but Rotel discontinues a product with the understanding that it wil sell through for a while.

The digital amps are the replacement products...

1 x 500 watts

2 x 500 watts

7 x 100 watts

But rest easy, 1090's are availble if you must have one your dealer can get one.
        (for a while)

Comment

• EAmin
          • Aug 2004

Thanks Andrew! I'm sure I can find plenty at the local stores. I was just wondering if there was a new model coming out soon that I should hold out for.

I can't wait to hear the digital amps.

Comment

• Kens1
            • Mar 2005

I'm eager to hear the digital amps as well. I'm holding off on any upgrades until I hear what all the fuss is about.

Comment

• yukon.denali
              • Dec 2004

The dealer in my area just called Rotel North America. They said the RC-1090 is totally out. There are no units left.

Comment

• Zoran
                • Apr 2005

I've just sold my RC-1090, together with RB-1080. Overehere (Macedonia) the RC-1090 still available in Kodi Audio Center shops, could be ordered as well.

I am deadly curious what a new step Rotel will take in stereo preamp segment?

Comment

• Kevin D
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Oct 2002

Just to clerify with everyone as I got got a little confused myself. The RC-1090 PREAMP is discontinued and no longer available in the US. The RB-1090 amplifier is still available, yet on backorder.

Some how the thread got started talking about the new digital amps and some people (like me) might incorrectly think that the RB-1090 amplifier was gone.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Kevin97225
                    • Oct 2004

Doesn't make sense to me why Rotel would discontinue the RC-1090 (PreAmp) while still offering the RB-1090 (Amp)?
                    I for one, wouldn't want to run the RC-1070 with the RB-1090
                    when I would want the RC-1090 teamed with the RB-1090 for the better performance. I have the RB-1090 and the RC-1090 (two of each) and have been very pleased with them. The sound quality is amazing what Rotel gives for the price!

Shame Rotel would end either product, as many of us won't jump on the digital amps bandwagon for a long time until that technology matures and improves to where the best analogs are today.

Comment

• calmac
                      • May 2005

I don't think it is difficult to understand why Rotel have discontinued the rc1090 while retaining the rb1090.I would have thought that the sales volume of the rc1090 will have become too low to make it a viable product .As ht gear improves in quality the necessity for a standalone stereo preamp decreases, the rb1090 remains viable because it can still be used in ht systems(really ,really good ones
                      Gordon

Comment

• Kevin97225
                        • Oct 2004

:T calmac, you make a good point!

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"