X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wchek
    • Oct 2007

Which speaker to match Rotel 06 series?

I am looking for a suitable amp and sub to match with either Sonus Faber Concertino Domus or ProAc Tablette Reference 8 speaker.

Under consideration is the Rotel 06 series (RCD06 cd player, RC06 pre, RB06 power amp). Which set of speaker is a better match?

I will also need a sub to complement the bookshelf. Now looking at REL Quake or Velodyne VX10. Is sub-amp matching necessary too?

For HT purposes, i will be adding a receiver, center and surround speaker in future when budget allows. Can the Rotel 06 be easily integrated with a receiver such as Yamaha RX-V861 or Harmon Kardon?

Please help... Thanks!
  • lvhung
    • Jun 2005

those two are better with tube amp
    if you had Rotel find some BW speaerker like 704

Comment

• wchek
      • Oct 2007

Thank you for the advice. I am a newbie in the audio world so pls allow me to ask some stupid questions here.

What are the factors that affect amp and speaker matching? Why is the SF and ProAc better with tube amp?

Comment

• jack667
        • Jul 2007

Yeah B&W are a good mix with Rotel stuff. Never heard Proacs paired with Rotel. The studio 140s like a lot of juice, and have usually been paired with SS 100w+

Unfortunately I can't comment on the ref 8s.
        B&W 683. Advantage S-101. Mac Mini. 53,000 tunes.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"