X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nikos
    • Dec 2005

Adcom GFR700 Vs Rotel products

Have you guys seen any info on this Adcom amp other than the advertised specs?? how does Adcom compare to Rotel?

Are their amps "faster" than Rotel...I'm kinda remembering someone telling me that for Electronic Music their faster response would be a better match than Rotel...

I've done some searches and it seems that not many know much about current Adcom products.

5x125W
    4xComponent Input
    2x HDMI
    7.1 analog in/out

Anybody?
    Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC
  • Andrew M Ward
    • Apr 2005

Interesting,
    You know Adcom (for years) was manufactured by Rotel.

I don't know who's making the Adcom stuff today, it shouldn't be too hard to find out though, do some searching... or better yet, somebody will likely know on this very forum.

Comment

• shadow
      • Dec 2003

I am more than a little skeptical of any electronic component being "faster" than a comparable one.

Comment

• nikos
        • Dec 2005

Andrew I had no idea...thanks for the insight!!!

I quized my dealer about this and he said that he would have to rate the Adcom in between Denon (bright sounding and less musical than Rotel) and Rotel being the better choice for Music and an a more refined sound from the Englishmen.

All in all they are all great and very similar units in his opinion with a lot of value for the asking price.

I really like the idea that the ADCOM actually has the 120v/230v on the outside so you can flip the powersupply to the region you're in...instead of opening the unit up in the Rotel's case and who knows if you can even do this in the Denon...atleast I havent seen that you can do it externally.
        Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC

Comment

• mjb
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Andrew M Ward
          Interesting,
          You know Adcom (for years) was manufactured by Rotel.
          The visual resemblance to Rotel in uncanny! The case looks the same (different front panel but still silver), the knobs look the same, and the back panel looks very familiar.
          - Mike

Main System:
          B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
          Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"