X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simphiwes
    • Oct 2005

Rotel 1080 blues

i have had a rotel set up for the past 3 months and have been fairly happy with its perfomance i yesterday picked up hum in the right channel which was previously not there before so i check the interconnects and the speaker wire to make sure everything was connected solid, that didnt help so i changed inteconects and that didnt work, put back the old ones and changed channels around, all that did was move the humm from one channel to the next, turned it off and on again but this time amp went dead, the only light that goes on is the light to indicate that the amp is on and there isnt that clicking sound where i turn it on on, have i broken it :cry: So i unplgged everything and put it in the closet connected my realiable ONKYO 501E.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Was the unit on while you were plugging and un-plugging things? That could have caused some issues.

Of course when you you say the hiss moved from one channel to the other, that usually indicates the original problem wasn't with the amp.

Did you buy the amp used? If so it might not have every had the updates applied to keep it from blowing fuses easily. Chances are it's just a couple of fuses blown inside the unit.

Kevin D.

Comment

• simphiwes
      • Oct 2005

i just hope it nothing more than that, i bought the unit used. i guess i should have taken it in for a service when i bought it. its just i hadnt budgeted for this shhhhhht right now, might have to go without for a while. i was using audioquest side winder cables if that means anything.

Comment

• simphiwes
        • Oct 2005

oh thanks Kev.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"