X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MartinK
    • Dec 2008

RMB-1095 Blowing Fuses

I just bought a used RMB-1095 from a user on Audiogon. I powered up the unit and right off the bat the center channel fault light went on. I replace all of the fuses and all seemed well.

I was watching a movie to test out the system and after deciding that all was well paused the film to eat dinner and walked away. After eating for several minutes I heard a little pop and all of a sudden the Front L and Rear L protection lights came on. I don't even have a Rear L speaker hooked up!!!

It's most likely the fuses, but is this normal?

I'm running Mordaunt Short Performance 860 fronts and a Mordaunt Short MS821C center, RSP-1098 pre-processor and a powered MS T2000 subwoofer.

Any thoughts?
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

No, that's not normal at all. I've never replaced a fuse in mine and it's 3 or 4 years old now (first batch of the changed binding posts).

One thing I'd do is open up the unit and make sure it's cleaned out. IT's amazing what dust can do and a lot of people will dust the outside of the amp/processor, whatever, but the inside is never cleaned. Could try that.

Otherwise, you probably need get it repaired or send it back to the person you bought it from stating it's faulty.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• Legairre
      • Jan 2002

Definitely not normal, I've had my 1095 for five years and it's never blown a fuse.
      "What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
      Radden Home Theater

Comment

• bnieman
        • Jun 2006

Check your speaker wire too, if it's been compromised in anyway it could short out the amp. I would first start examining the wiring for the center channel that was causing the protection light to come on.

Best of luck!

Bryan
        Guide: Ripping DVD-Audio Discs (DVD-A) to FLAC in Windows

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"