X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpvnnvpj
    • Jun 2007

Question On Rdx 1057 Cd Input

How do i get the sub to work with the stereo cd input on my reciver. i have the speakers set to large and the sub on. on the front display it shows 2 front and sub but no sound from the sub. Thanks
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

With front on large, sub to yes, you're only going to get LFE information from digital sources on the sub. You can force the sub to play if you set it to MAX. I would highly recommend setting your fronts to small and play with the crossover settings. Very few speakers need to be set to large.

Kevin D.

Comment

• jpvnnvpj
      • Jun 2007

Thanks again Kevin.

Comment

• Vicente
        • May 2004

Kevin, the setting Max is for an analog or for a digital conection? Thanks

Comment

• notsobitperfect
          • Sep 2007

Not completely sure about the 1057 since i have the 1056 - but I've heard the difference between the 2 is only HDMI, so here my 2 cents. the CD input has 2 options - analog Bypass and Stereo. If you have a decent quality CD player, you'd most probably want to use the DAC in the CD player and hence analog bypass is the way to go. however this only uses the front 2 speakers and you won't have any sub output whether you have small or large speakers. If you use the stereo option, this adds digital processing to the sound - so you can use the crossover, a sub output etc. The problem I see with this is that you're taking a high quality analog signal from your CD player and then messing with it by converting it first to digital, manipulating it and the converting it back to analog with DACs which are inferior to most dedicated CD players. To make matters worse, my rotel 1072 CD through the 1056 analog bypass sounds like someone wrapped a carpet around the speakers. however all is not lost! i found that the 5.1 channel analog input works quite well for CD input. just connect the front 2 channels and select the sub option. the difference here is that the receiver routes the analog L+R channels directly to the front speakers and then sends a 'copy' of the signal to the sub output - though i think it runs it first through a low pass filter. So thats how i get pure 2 channel stereo + a sub.

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Vicente
            Kevin, the setting Max is for an analog or for a digital conection? Thanks
            Both, except for the mentioned bypass modes.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Vicente
              • May 2004

Thanks Kevin, I thought there was another way to get subwoofer when in analog, but no.

I'm using for stereo the same conection that notsobitperfect (5.1 analog imput/EXT) between my RDV 1092 and RSX 1056, and IMHO this is the way I get the best sound. It's very similar to the stereo bypass but I can use then my subwoofer.

Regards

Comment

• Nolan B
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Vicente
                Thanks Kevin, I thought there was another way to get subwoofer when in analog, but no.

I'm using for stereo the same conection that notsobitperfect (5.1 analog imput/EXT) between my RDV 1092 and RSX 1056, and IMHO this is the way I get the best sound. It's very similar to the stereo bypass but I can use then my subwoofer.

Regards

There is anothier way...if your sub has a high level connection. What type of sub do you have?

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"