X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmcgowan
    • Sep 2003

Random shutdowns of RSP-1098 / RVE-1060

My RSP-1098 has just started shutting down at random and before I unplug the thing and send it in for service, wondered if anyone had any useful hints?

- Regardless of source, the RSP-1098 randomly shuts down and goes to standby after anything from 30 seconds to 30 minutes of use
    - The RVE-1060 also shuts down at the same time, but I suspect this is because the RSP-1098 is going to standby
    - The RMB-1077, Phono Amp and a HTPC are on the same plug / powerboard and have no issues
    - RMB-1077 isn't going into overload when the RSP-1098 trips
    - Nothing in the powerboard overload trips and the unit restarts automatically
    - I have a DVD, CD, VCR, turntable and PS3 on the other wall plug (two plugs in one unit) which don't reset at the time

As you can imagine, pulling it out of the rack is a major pain in the rear, but has become so regular we're not using it at the moment.

Any hints or tips very much appreciated.

Darren

EDIT: RSP-1098 is only a few months old and has 2007 dated firmware (no longer a number like website and dated in May this year)
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The 1060 will follow the 1098, so I would imagine it's a problem with the 1098. Have you tried pulling the 232 cable to the 1060 just to make sure something between them isn't messing it up?

Have you done a factory reset in the setup menu just to make sure the eeprom isn't corrupted?

Kevin D.

Comment

• dmcgowan
      • Sep 2003

Was interrupting Top Gear tonight so almost did the reset with the largest hammer in the shed....

Will try that Kevin and see what happens. Stay tuned.

UPDATE: That didn't work either. Guess it is unplug and back to the dealer time?

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
        • May 2004

are you sure it's not the triggers shutting it down?

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

True, anything connected to the trigger outputs of the 1098? I've heard of faulty triggers (on the 1098 or connected equipment) causing power issues.

Kevin D.

Comment

• dmcgowan
            • Sep 2003

Hmmmm, well only the 1077 via 12V and then 1060 via the serial connection. Will try the 1077 trigger and see what happens....

UPDATE: No, not 1077 or 1060 on the 12V either. Time to box it up and see what the problem is...

UPDATE: Back to the dealer, they saw same random shutdown, reboot, unstable behaviour. Off for some major surgery I suspect...
            Last edited by dmcgowan; 19 August 2007, 19:19 Sunday.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"