• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Lamp Hour Reset? Need your Help.

Hello everyone,

It seems I'm having trouble with my Epson 710c Powerlite. I replaced the lamp 200 hrs before the Lamp replacement of 2000 hrs and I can't reset the Lamp hours (which is currently @ 2009 hrs.).

Here is what I've done thus far:

I have replaced the new lamp with the old lamp, menu-reset all, then replaced with the new lamp.

There is no lamp reset available in the menu.

I have contacted Tech Support, but of course I am out of warranty, and they suggested the same trouble shooting advice, that I have already completed. I will call them back and request Tier 2 support.

Any ideas experts?

Thanks,

Azeke
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Azeke, it's weird that the Pj doesn't have a lamp hours reset in the menu. Unfortunately I don't know much about that particular projector but if it was a business PJ I wouldn't be surprised if the lamp reset is hidden in the service mode menu. By hiding it, anyone who wanted to replace a lamp would have to send it in for service. Great for Epson but a bummer for anyone using this PJ for home theater. But surely Epson can tell you how to reset the lamp timer.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

A service bulletin PDF located here reads:
      1. Make sure the projector is turned off.
      2. While holding down the Comp Sync+ and Comp Tracking+ buttons, press and hold down the Power button.
      3. After status lights 1, 2, and 3 flash ON and OFF at least 3 times, release the buttons. The flashing status lights indicate that the lamp timer is reset.

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Kevin,

Thank you sir, but that PSB is for an older model, and is not applicable to the 710c. I was really excited initially , until I saw the buttons I had to press, not listed on the 710c.

George,

Good suggestion about the Service menu, I had forgotten about that. I'm currently on the line with Tech support and requested access to the Service menu, which probably of course requires Tier 2 support (I'm on hold).

I'll let you guys know the outcome.

In the mean time all other suggestions are welcome.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

Thanks again for your advice gentlemen.

I e-mailed tech support and here is their reply:

Thank you for contacting the Epson Connection.

With this model the lamp timer resets itself automatically after 10-15hrs of projecting with the new lamp. If this does not happen, then please remove/reinsert the lamp with the power OFF and if the timer still has not reset after 10-15hrs of being used, then the unit will require servicing.
          We can send you a list of the closest Epson servicers if needed, but we don't have a service manual on our website.

If you require further assistance with this particular issue, please ensure all of our previous correspondence is contained in your reply, so we can better track the history of this issue.

I don't see the reset occuring, and the projector is not worth servicing in my opinion. Hopefully the projector will continue to operate. In the interim I will search the web for the service manual.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

That is not a very good solution from Epson, I will have to say. Granted, it would be easy for someone to do a false reset on a projector like my one that just says reset hours for new bulb. But no reset at all, is pretty crappy too. I actually did reset it once accidentally while trying to reset the last cleaning. They were to close in my opinion, and it happened before I could even realize what I'd done. So, I actually do have a few more hours on mine than it shows (My old ViewSonic). But no way to reset at all, that just stinks.

Lex
            Doug
            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Azeke
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2003

Thanks for your understanding Lex .

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"