X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Club1820
    • Jan 2006

Thank You RLC-1040!

So the other day (tues) I was in the basement staining the floor boards and listening to some tunes as I worked. A late afternoon storm quickly passed through the area. Rained perhaps about 10 mins but it came down hard and there was thunder and lightening.

The lights flickered on and off a couple of times. At the same time my RLC-1040 powered off and on about 3 times. As this happened, everything shut down - 1068, 1055 Cd Changer, 1095 amp, etc. Uh-Oh! I thought to myself.

I turned everything back on but no sound! I thought my stuff got fried! Well, it turns out that the 1068 just reset itself and I had to reset all of my settings.

The RLC-1040 did its job and protected my equipment! I was more than happy with the small inconvenience of having to redo all of the settings on the 1068 (delay, level trim, input labels, etc) as opposed to lugging everything in for repair or replacement!

If you dont have a line conditioner/surge protector, I highly recommend you get one!
    Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

Amen! This seems to happen on a fairly regular basis in my area, so I've got an RLC-1040 (and an APC H15) in my two systems. I've never had to reset my RSP-1068 though.
    Brad

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

It's actually pretty common for quick power toggles to reset the eeprom on all the 10 series units..

The RLC-1080 would cure that.

Kevin D.

Comment

• karnaaj
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Blindamood
        Amen! This seems to happen on a fairly regular basis in my area, so I've got an RLC-1040 (and an APC H15) in my two systems. I've never had to reset my RSP-1068 though.
        Hey blindamood, who did you get your apc h15 from? thanks

Comment

• Russ L
          • Jul 2006

This thread is very timely cause I'm just auditioning an RLC-1040 right now. I find it really takes my Rotel amp to a new level in performance. The Rotel had a bit of an edge I wasn't happy with and was thinking of buying something more expensive but the Rotel line conditioner really smoothed out the sound. I was very skeptical about "dirty" power until I heard the improvement in sound. The notes are far more realistic and the soundstage is much improved. I know the surge protection and the voltage regulation are great but the power filters in this unit are excellent. Make sure if you get an APC unit that you get the H15 and not the H10 because the power filters in the H10 are not as good as the H15 or the Rotel- RLC-1040. Its the improvements in sound that really sold me on this unit and saved me a costly upgrade. :T Cheers, Russ
          Russ

Comment

• Club1820
            • Jan 2006

Yeah, my amp STILL sounds pretty good too! :T
            Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

• Blindamood
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by karnaaj
              I believe it got it from Buy.com. They are an APC authorized online dealer.

BTW, did you notice our local dealer no longer carries Rotel??
              Brad

Comment

• karnaaj
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Blindamood
                I believe it got it from Buy.com. They are an APC authorized online dealer.

BTW, did you notice our local dealer no longer carries Rotel??

Whoa, I just noticed that. Wonder why? Looks like Entertainment Solutions is the only choice now. I just purchased an rmb 1095 from them back in March and they didn't say a word.

Comment

• Andrew M Ward
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D
                  It's actually pretty common for quick power toggles to reset the eeprom on all the 10 series units..

The RLC-1080 would cure that.

Kevin D.
                  Yes sir...
                  I love my RLC-1080 while watching a movie i can pull the plug and all systems reamain going.. go make a sandwich come back plug it back in... - TV still going sound still cranking (all systems go 100%)

8)

Comment

• style
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Feb 2006

power conditioner

Hallo,

I live in Switzerland and Internet Rotel pages don't have this product fur europa.

What can I do?

buy a usa Rotel Rcl10x0 plus a voltage adaptor?
                    buy another gear available in europa (220v)?

Please reply!

Omar

Comment

• David L.
                      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by karnaaj
                      I thought about buying the APC H15 before I bought my RLC-1040 only because of the price difference. I then came across a great deal on a 7 month old RLC-1040 that was in pristine shape that I couldn't pass up.

When I was searching for the best price on the H15 I found a company on Audiogon that sells them for $289.00 plus shipping. Check them out if you're interested, here's the link:

Comment

• style
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Feb 2006

Rlc 10x0

Hi Man!

Sorry,
                        Nobody has one opinion in order to help me?

Omar

Comment

• Iggurk
                          • Jun 2006

Hi Style!

You can build you own power conditioner and filter, that's not that complicated, and lot of people can help you.

Have a look here:

Regards
                          Yves

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"