X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quadhammer
    • Feb 2004

Bug in 1068 Test Tone setup

Hi there,

I just got myself a shiny new RSP 1068 with the latest(1.1.7) firmware and it seems to be playing up.

I've reset it to factory defaults and gone into the 'speaker setup' and set 'center back' to 'none', but when I press menu, the 'system status' screen shows CB1 as in use(highlighted). I can fix this by going back and selecting center back as small1, etc, pressing enter and then going back and selecting 'none' a second time. This is no problem and fixed easily, but is it normal? and related to the biggest problem which is:

The test tone controls are all screwy!

They work after a factory default reset, but after renaming my inputs, setting the crossovers and turning off the rear centre speakers I can only set my rear channels to min(which is +7dB!), +8dB, or +9dB. Center is stuck on min, Front right will only do min and 3dB...generally screwy stuff, instead of the normal 1dB increments.

Any idea what the problem is, please?

Thanks,
    Michael
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

quadhammer,

Power it off and leave it off for 10 minutes - the do a reset and try again. If it still doesn't work - take it back for a new one

Geoff

Comment

• GosonFletchy
      • May 2004

I remember there being an issue with the test tones if you have your main volume low. You are not trying to adjust the main volume while you are adjusting test tones are you? The problem with the speakers showing highlighted is probably a simple software labeling problem and not anything that I have seen before. I would reinstall the latest software and then do another reset on it once you have done this.

G.

:grab:

Comment

• quadhammer
        • Feb 2004

Thanks for the advice guys. After a nice sleep it seems to have fixed itself, and I can make +/- 1dB adjustments now.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"