X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • owain_thomas
    • Jun 2007

Dead 1068 - any suggestions?

Hi,

I got an ex-dem 1068 about a month ago and up til now its been superb. When it arrived I couldn't see how it was ex-dem as it clearly had never left the box, but any way...

was watching TV tonight and suddenly the sound failed. all my inputs are via various digital inputs and none of them work now. there was no great song and dance, just all of a sudden - no sound. I've tried the test tones and they don't do anything either.

I'll be on to the dealer in the morning but any suggestions in the mean time about what might be going on or what I may be able to do to help? I've tried a full power down and many cycles in and out of standby.

thanks,
    owain
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Check and see if the multi-channel inputs work, you can just plug any analog output to the front ones.

If it plays music that way, you most likely have a bad DIGITAL board. Fairly easy for your dealer to swap out, or they could send it to Rotel to fix.

Kevin D.

Comment

• mars
      • Sep 2004

Some 1068s like to blow their output switching relays which can result in your symptoms. Rotel should be able to fix this under warranty.

Comment

• sajaga
        • Oct 2004

mine blew relays, caps and had the digital board changed a month ago. I think they also changed a voltage regulator also. They said that the digital board was not the culprit but there was a recall on the 1068 which they were changing out only if units went in for service and was changed at no cost as under warranty.

BTW it took 3 attempts for them to fix the problem and I was down for almost 2 months all up :M

Comment

• owain_thomas
          • Jun 2007

Hi,

thanks for the replies, just checked and the analogue bypass works fine so looks like the digital board, I'll get on to the dealer this morning.

cheers,
          owain

Comment

• Dmantis
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jun 2004

I also have the rsp1068 and had it repaired. They replaced the same exact parts. What mine was doing was it would work for awhile then drop out after it made a static POP through the speakers. It scared the hell out of me the first time it did it.
            I called Rotel about it and they had it back to me in under a week. I was shocked to come home and find it here that quick. I had to call them and tell them I was very happy with there service.
            Over the last year I had to have alot of electronic things fixed. I think build quality lately isn't as good as it used to be. But Rotel was the fastest in getting it repaired. It works great now .

Dan

Comment

• sajaga
              • Oct 2004

I had the exact symptoms that you had Dmantis - works than a loud crack/pop accross all channels. My SVS Plus/2 would almost bounce through the wall!!

Comment

• Dmantis
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sajaga
                I had the exact symptoms that you had Dmantis - works than a loud crack/pop accross all channels. My SVS Plus/2 would almost bounce through the wall!!
                After they fix it your problems will go away. I still can't believe how fast they where. Awesome service and very friendly. I like Rotel alot.

Dan

Comment

• rickyo
                  • Jul 2006

Sir geoff and Kevin, found the answer just now. :W

Update: tried the multi-channel input and its still without sound What to do next please?

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"