X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skillasw
    • Dec 2005

1068 and Video Sync

I have a question for the group. I have a 1068/1075 combo with various audio and video inputs. I have been experiencing a problem on the video side of the equation lately. Our primary operating mode is watching SDTV Dish Network via S-Video and digital audio inputs from a Dish Player 625. The symptoms of the problem are that at what appears to be random intervals the OSD will not be viewable on screen, no volume indication or access to the 1068 menus, and later the system seems to lose video sync all together. The screen scrolls vertically, color sync is gone, OSD seems scrambled. The only way I have found to "fix" the problem is to power off the 1068, on the back panel not standby via the front or remote. After a 10 or 15 second "power off reboot" things return to normal. Rotel Tech support asked about my cabling but it seems fine. Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,

Bill
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Are you running svideo out to the TV or using the internal conversion to component?

Kevin D.

Comment

• skillasw
      • Dec 2005

All inputs and outputs are s-video at this point.
      Last edited by skillasw; 25 August 2006, 09:53 Friday. Reason: embellish

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

If running a cable direct from the 625 to the TV doesn't exhibit the same issue, then it's either the cable from the 625 to the 1068 or the 1068.

I can't imagine power cycling the 1068 would fix a problem cable, so I'd say the 1068.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"