Multi-Input lost rear channels on 1068??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve_barrow
    • Sep 2004

Multi-Input lost rear channels on 1068??

Evening folks;

wondering if anyone mighthave seen this...and better yet have a quick fix to save me going back for service.. for some reason, the rear speakers for the milti-input have just stopped working. I swapped some cables, pointed the rears out of the universal player to the fronts inputs on the 1068 etc etc. it's as simple as it sounds, the player is providing the signal, the 1068 for some reason i not sending it to the speaker. all inputs other than analog multi work fine for all 5.1 applications.

I kow I'm likely gonna have to live without it while it's getting fixed, but reeeeely want to avoid it if I can.

besides, where can ya find more rotel experience than in this forum :T

signed..
    Hopfully awaiting a reply
  • Cracking Oboe
    • May 2004

Well, I hope it's not a problem with your 1068.

a) I assume you made no changes to your system or your system's set-up prior to this event?
    b) You tried turning off your 1068 for a minutes (back switch)?
    c) Is your centre speaker working O.K.?

Cracking

Comment

• Steve_barrow
      • Sep 2004

sadly...

a) I assume you made no changes to your system or your system's set-up prior to this event?
      no changes, worked one day, then not a few days later
      b) You tried turning off your 1068 for a minutes (back switch)?
      yep, also tried unplugging for about an hour or so
      c) Is your centre speaker working O.K.?
      yep, just the 2 rear and only in this mode

I haven't done a firmware update since 1.1.7 so maybe I'll do the prom update and go to 22, see if that helps.

Any other thoughts, suggestions etc are welcome

Comment

• RACER4551
        • Apr 2004

Yes i just sent my 1068 in for repair ,lost the rr multi-channel input.Thought it was pretty strange,of all the things that could go wrong.I tried everything,not wanting to admit that the multi-channel processor was at fault,but it was.Still waiting on its return,using a marantz sr6400 to fill in,its just not the same.

Comment

• Steve_barrow
          • Sep 2004

Eureka!

took me forever to get back to fixing this but the software & Firmware upgrades cleared the problem, either that or the effort of unplugging everything and plugging itback in....none the less it's no longer an issue. :T

Comment

• RACER4551
            • Apr 2004

Yeah i just got mine back from a rotel repair facility and they said they ran it for three days and couldnt find anything wrong with it.Said on the repair sheet they upgraded the firmware though,so who knows its working now?

Comment

• Booster
              • Jul 2005

Racer, I had the same problem with my 1066 - lost the rr channel (occasionally low level noise could be heard). Sent Rotel, they found no problem. When I picked it up after repair, all appeared well. Installed it at home - no rr. I popped the lid and after fiddling around found the center connector of the rca jack was not making full contact with the plug. I bent the tang toward the plug slightly and have had no problem since. I don't know if the 1068 uses the same jacks but if the problem persists, take a look there.
              The Booster

Comment

• RACER4551
                • Apr 2004

Thanks for the heads up Booster,was wondering about that.I even removed the top and checked the rca with an ohm meter for continuity which checked out ok.But it would make sense that contact with the interconnect might be the culprit.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"