X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NeilGabriel
    • Apr 2007

RMB 1075 and parallel speakers

I am thinking about connecting a pair of 8 om speakers in parallel to work as my center. Anybody see a problem with the 1075 running these? Thanks.
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

The amp will handle it fine. Having two point sources for the center chanel may not sound as good as one speaker however. Unless you are in the sweet spot for the two center channels it won't be as detailed.

Eric

Comment

• NeilGabriel
      • Apr 2007

good point! thanks.

Comment

• deepakvali
        • Apr 2007

jus wondering since we are on the topic of 1075, does anyone have experiences of these multi channel poweramps from a point where, if we use only 2/5 channels, does the efficiency or power output increase versus when u use 5/5 channels?

e reason is i am planning to use only 3 out of the 5 channels and would like to know any benefits are there

Comment

• hifiguymi
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by deepakvali
          jus wondering since we are on the topic of 1075, does anyone have experiences of these multi channel poweramps from a point where, if we use only 2/5 channels, does the efficiency or power output increase versus when u use 5/5 channels?

e reason is i am planning to use only 3 out of the 5 channels and would like to know any benefits are there
          Since the power supply is only running three out of the five channels it will produce more power than if all five were being used. I don't know how much more because incoming line voltage and speaker load all play a part in that, but it is more.

Eric

Comment

• BassThatHz
            • Jul 2006

I run four full range speakers up front, everything in stereo, powered by the RMB-1075 and two more in the rear powered with my yammie rec... and it sounds fantastic. (Each getting their own channel ie. not parallel)

I am also powering my Velodyne HGS-10 voicecoil's with the center channel from my 1075 until I can send the amp section in for repair. Its 6ohms and rated to 1300watts rms so it takes all it can get.

You should trying playing F.E.A.R. on this rig for the first time, I tell ya, if this doesn't give you a heart attack then your in good shape :W
            I would say I am in the sweet spot though :rofl:

Thinking about investing into an RLC-1040 next.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"