Any trick to keep HDMI connection on RDV-1092?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vicente
    • May 2004

Any trick to keep HDMI connection on RDV-1092?

As a new owner of RDV-1092, I've been tweaking, comparing picture quality thru component and HDMI outputs, but had some hard times trying to switch from one to the other and back.

I have my Mitsubishi HC3000 projector connected with both connections to the rdv-1092 and if I switch the projector from HDMI to components, the image from the player changes to components, but if I want to go back to the image thru HDMI (Changing back the projector to HDMI) the RDV 1092 has "lost" the connection and I must turn off the power and on again for recovering HDMI.

Same thing happens if when you turn on the 1092, it doesn't find an HDMI signal available (if by instance the projector is not turned on yet on the HDMI position) and I want to watch a DVD thru this output: I don't find a way to get the player connected any other way than turning it off, and on again.

This is an annoying problem, that I don't know if any of you has overcome using any "trick" or if we will need a firmware update to be corrected (some other players I tested didn't show this problem).

Also when you are listening to a musical DVD with different audio channels (For instance DD 5.5, PCM 2.0 and DTS) if you use the audio button from the remote to change from one to the other, the screen display you get is: Audio 1: unknown, Audio 2: unknown, Audio3: unknown, when with my old rdv-1060 the screen display was Audio 1: DD 5.1, Audio 2: PCM and Audio 3: DTS (or something similar). Is this something I didn't select right in the setup or is it the fault of the 1092 software?

I'm starting to get tired of very good (and not cheap) Rotel equipment messed up with little things that make you wish for worse units from other brands but with that gimmicks that make your life easier.

Hope any of you has any answer to this. Thank you very much.

Best regards
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"