X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LaserVision
    • Nov 2009

RSP-1570 and Verizon FIOS DVR

Yesterday, Verizon came and installed my FIOS TV service and setup my DVR's and STB's and it looked like everything was working fine until we attached the HDMI from the Home Media DVR (7216) to my new RSP-1570. When I fired up the system, there was no picture or sound from the DVR via the HDMI connection through the RSP-1570. Connecting the DVR directly to my TV (Panasonic TC-P54V10) via HDMI works fine. The Verizon tech attempted to be helful but stated that they do not do connections to surround sound processors, so I was on my own to figure this out with either Verizon or Rotel tech support. He claimed, and so does Verizon, that the handshake/firmware issue that has plagued the Motorola DVR's used by Verizon has been fixed, however, it appears that it is not "completely" fixed. I tried different HDMI cables, different HDMI ports on the RSP-1570, and connecting different devices (Blu-ray player and DVD Recorder) and all appeared to work correctly leading me to believe that the Motorola DVR and the RSP-1570 will not handshake via HDMI. As a temporary solution, I have connected the DVR to the RSP-1570 via component video and coaxial audio and I am using the HDMI connection to the TV for "TV Only" viewing. This configuration works fine, but it bothers me that this issue exists. Verizon says that there is no remedy on their end. My RSP-1570 firmware is 1.18 and 1.12. I have checked and there is a firmware update available for the RSP-1570 but I am reluctant to install it unless it fixes some specific issues. Has anyone else had a similar experience with these devices? Is there a firmware update for the RSP-1570 that may fix it?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Nothing specific about those issues, but a lot times things get fixed and not reported. If you were to call Rotel, thats the first things they're going to suggest.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"