X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • happydad
    • Jun 2003

Please help!!! digital audio problem

I have been using for digital cable a Motorola HD receiver from Comcast, and had no audio problems on either digital or analog/standard channels.

I have now upgraded to the DCT6412 series HD Dual Tuner Receiver with DVR capabilities. I have had the following problem, with two different units. I have changed nothing on the Rotel side:

I only get audio on the digital channels, but not the analog channels!! I have tried the the optical digital audio and the coaxial digital outputs. The "dolby" red lettering on the Rotel is flashing and I can hear some crackling in the speakers.

It's as if the audio signal is losing strength on the analog channels.

Anyone heard of this and/or know of a fix?

Thanks in advance.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Which Rotel product do you own and which firmware is it running? If you don't know how to check the firmware press and hold the mute button on the remote and it will eventually display on the front of the receiver/pre amp.

Comment

• Kirby
      • Oct 2004

I had a similar problem with a Motorola HD receiver and the problem is in the box. I don't have the receiver anymore since I have satelite now but I believe the problem is in the audio settigns in the box. I think I ended up running analog cables as well as the digital cable.

Comment

• happydad
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Kirby
        I had a similar problem with a Motorola HD receiver and the problem is in the box. I don't have the receiver anymore since I have satelite now but I believe the problem is in the audio settigns in the box. I think I ended up running analog cables as well as the digital cable.
        That's exactly what I am doing now. AV1 is the analog audio which runs on ALL channels, analog and digital...and AV3 is the digital link for the digital channels when I need them.

After posting this I viewed several forum discussions, and it's definetely a Motorola box issue. First, I'll get them to upgrade the firmare.

At least for now, with the workaround, it's liveable.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"