Rotel RDV 1060: Audio Decoders output,goto & other problems after software upgrade

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nvdeynde
    • Jun 2004

Rotel RDV 1060: Audio Decoders output,goto & other problems after software upgrade

Hi,

My RDV 1060 had firmware 2.0.8 and I know this one has several problems with DVD-Audio discs and progressive scan.

I assume the latest software available now is 2.1.2
    I have a few questions to owners with that software installed:

1) How is the Audio setup menu ?
    Do you have to specify the output format ( analog or digital ) for Cd,DVD,mp3,Mpeg and VCD separately ?

2) Do you still have audio on both your analog as digital outputs simultaniously ( + on the scart as well ) ?

I'm asking as I have the European version of the RDV 1060 and it was upgraded to a Dutch version of the software (436 ) and I have all these new extra menu's as mentioned in 1.

Before the upgrade I had only minor problems, now I don't have any audio anymore to my analog outputs when I select digital in the OSD audio menu for each format (Cd,DVD,MP3,...).
    Neither do I have audio on the scart or I have to go to the OSD Audio setup menu of the player every time to change it to analog.

With the old 2.0.8 firmware, I always had audio on all outputs at the same time.

Another problem is that I can't skip through the menu's anymore like the copyright warnings, other publicity, ... on DVD's. I have to watch all this junk, before I could just skip it all with the "Next" button and go to the movie directly.

The goto button is disabled in several DVD's where it worked well before the upgrade.

Also, the last memo function is gone, so resuming a movie is out of the question as well.

Are users with software 2.1.2 having the same problems I describe or not ?

I hope I receive some feedback here as I'm deparate :-(

Nico
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Never had anything like that happen with 1060 upgrades.. Did the dealer apply or provide you with the update?

Kevin D.

Comment

• nvdeynde
      • Jun 2004

Hi,

Rotel Belgium did the upgrade.
      I'm not going to mess with a player still under warranty :-)

So you don't have any of the problems I mentioned ?
      All audio outputs work all the time and you don't have the extra menu's in "Audio setup" ?

What software version does your player have ?

I hope I get a few more replies on this topic so I can print the message and go to my dealer with it.

Nico

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

I've upgraded a few customer units, and pretty much it's exactly the same but doesn't mess up on some DVDA's. I can't remember the exact version, 2.1.2 I assume.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"