X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • june
    • Feb 2005

Bass Settings?

Hello All,

What are the settings for the RSP-1068 for getting the sub to kick in while playing the volume around 25? I'm using a Paradigm PS-1200 sub. Also 25 is the cut-on volume setting.
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

I'm not sure a sub is gonna help much at 25 anyway...I sit 9' feet from the L/C/R, and I would barely be able to hear them at that level! I don't believe the Rotel has a 'Loudness' function either, like you find on so many other reeivers/processors, to artificially accentuate the sound dynamics.
    Brad

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by june
      Hello All,

What are the settings for the RSP-1068 for getting the sub to kick in while playing the volume around 25? I'm using a Paradigm PS-1200 sub. Also 25 is the cut-on volume setting.
      Is the sub not turning on at that low of a volume? I have come across a lot of subs that won't turn on at such a low level (unless they are in the always on mode). All of the Rotel preamps have output on all preamp outputs at any volume.

Eric

Comment

• june
        • Feb 2005

Eric,

The sub isn't cutting on at that level. When I go thur the test tones, the sub kicks in aroung 52. I'll try the "on all" mode. It's currently set at "auto on" mode.
        June
        "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• Blindamood
          • Sep 2003

It might also depend on the signal coming through. For example, sometimes late night when my wife is asleep, I'll turn it down to the mid-high 30's. The sub will sometimes kick on when there is a 5.1 Dolby Digital signal that includes an LFE track, but maybe not when it is a two-channel signal (for which it uses PLII Music mode).
          Brad

Comment

• gd
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by june
            I'll try the "on all" mode.
            Yup, try that... your electricity bill won't change any.

But also agree with Blindamood... it's at least partially signal-dependent.
            greg (gd to you)
            Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
            production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"