X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skippy
    • Jul 2006

DVD-A 48Khz / 96 Khz switch

Hi,

I have a RDV-1092 in combination with a RSP-1068. When i use a DVD-A, and i use the optical connection is see the following. Mostly i see a second the value of 96K in the display and then it switch to 48K.

What do i wrong?

GJ
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by skippy
    Hi,

I have a RDV-1092 in combination with a RSP-1068. When i use a DVD-A, and i use the optical connection is see the following. Mostly i see a second the value of 96K in the display and then it switch to 48K.

What do i wrong?

GJ

If you want to listen to a DVD A on your 1092 you have to hook it up by the analog outputs. Leave your Optical connection for movies only.

Comment

• skippy
      • Jul 2006

Thanks Vancouver.

I understand your answer, but the "problem"" is still there, so it is in my opinion no solution.

GJ

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

ok not sure if I fully understand the question. Some DVD As are sampled at 48k and some at 96K. You shouldnt see any numbers on your processor or reciever if you are running it in bypass mode. Are you sure you have your reciever set to bypass?

You should only see the numbers on your 1092.

Comment

• skippy
          • Jul 2006

Hello,

Sorry for my bad English!

I think i have found a sort of the cause of the problem. When i play the dvd-audio via the optical link and i use the buttons on the rdv-1092 I see the correct value. But when i scroll in the menu , which is made on the dvd-audio dvd , then i see in on the display on the rsp-1068 48 Khz.

GJ

Comment

• gianni
            • Nov 2002

Originally posted by skippy
            Hello,

Sorry for my bad English!

I think i have found a sort of the cause of the problem. When i play the dvd-audio via the optical link and i use the buttons on the rdv-1092 I see the correct value. But when i scroll in the menu , which is made on the dvd-audio dvd , then i see in on the display on the rsp-1068 48 Khz.

GJ
            Perhaps I'm not quite understanding your problem but I'll offer this:

Most DVD-A discs will not permit digital transmission (coax or optical) higher than 48 Khz. I believe this is for copyright protection. A few of the older DVD releases do not have this restriction. I have one from the Chesky label which will via coax digital output 96 Khz. The others all down convert to 48 Khz.
            The only solution I know of is to let your DVD player do the D/A conversion and send an analog signal to your pre.

I do not think there are any issues with your equipment - this is the way the record companies want it. This is just one of the many reasons I believe DVD-A and SACD never got off the ground.

The good news is this: the D/A conversion and analog section in your RDV-1092 are excellent, probably better than those in th e1068. You may in fact get the best sound by running through the multi-inputs or bypass mode in the 1068.

Comment

• Clepto
              • Feb 2006

From a simplicity standpoint, what you're doing wrong is using the Optical connection in conjunction with DVD-A.

The only way to get the full resolution off a DVD-A disc, is to use Analog Outputs and HDMI (depending). Firewire may also be a possibility.

In some cases, you may only be getting a Dolby track if you try and listen to a DVD-A over optical.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"