X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rael
    • Oct 2005

Another Sub/Rotel Question

I've been thinking of adding a sub since my floor standing speakers are only 50Hz-20KHz +/- 3dB. But, I want to keep playing my CDs in Bypass mode. I think I understand that there's a way you can "cheat" and connect the analog connects to the L and R of the 7.1 inputs. However, it's a bit more complicated for me because I have a turntable connected to a phono preamp connected to the 1068.

Is there any way for me to integrate a sub and be able to play my CDs and LPs in Bypass mode?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The absolute easiest way for you, since you don't have a sub now, is to make sure whatever sub you purchase has speaker level inputs and outputs.

That way you run the speaker leads to the sub, and then out to the speakers. Set your front speakers to LARGE and sub to NONE. This will use the sub with your front speakers, even in all bypass modes.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Rael
      • Oct 2005

Thanks Kevin.

Any idea which subs I should be looking into that have speaker level in/out? I know nothing about subs as I've never owned one, although I know Velodyne and Rel are popular names. I'd be willing to spend between $1000-1500.

Thanks.

Comment

• bullitt731
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Rael
        Thanks Kevin.

Any idea which subs I should be looking into that have speaker level in/out? I know nothing about subs as I've never owned one, although I know Velodyne and Rel are popular names. I'd be willing to spend between $1000-1500.

Thanks.
        I was running a Velodyne SPL 1200R with my Signature 805s and was very happy with the set up. You should be able to get one for around $1,300 if you shop around.

Ed

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"