X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boss
    • Aug 2006

Bi-Amping of RB-1080

This is like rocket science to me.

Can anyone offer 'HOW-TO' please? Line diagram will certainly be most appreciated.
  • shadow
    • Dec 2003

You can't biamp with just one stereo amp, unless you dig mono

Comment

• JDH
      • Sep 2004

Maybe he's bi-amping the centre like I do. Basically take the bar out between the posts of your speaker(s) and run to seperate cables between the the speakers and the amp, then use an RCA splitter between the source/pre-amp and power amp to provide the same signal to both channels. Mayby somewone else can attach a link to a relevant diagram

Also don't expect much if any improvement in sound quality unless your bypassing the passive filter in the speakers and running an active filter prior to amplifiaction.

Originally posted by boss
      This is like rocket science to me.

Can anyone offer 'HOW-TO' please? Line diagram will certainly be most appreciated.
      Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• boss
        • Aug 2006

Shadow,

I have one RB-1080, and I am thinking of getting another one.

JDH,

I am a 2-channel man. Can I use RB-1080 as a monobloc? (Of course it takes two to stereo :W )

Comment

• JDH
          • Sep 2004

The RB-1080 can't be bridged into a larger single channel power amp, like say the smaller RB-1070, probably not ideal even if it could as it will also result in greater destortion too. What speakers are you intending to use with the RB-1080. Sometimes its better to simply sell off the RB-1080 and buy say the RB-1090 or similar higher performance power amp.

Originally posted by boss
          Shadow,

I have one RB-1080, and I am thinking of getting another one.

JDH,

I am a 2-channel man. Can I use RB-1080 as a monobloc? (Of course it takes two to stereo :W )
          Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• boss
            • Aug 2006

Thanks. Just want to exhaust all possibilities.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"