X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • radim
    • Feb 2004

rotel - biamping

Which of these mix are best for biamping in this price category ?
    One 1075 is basic. Biamping for main speakers - of course for stereo.

1. 1075 + 1075
    2. 1075 + 2 x 1070
    3. 1075 + 1090 (no biamping)
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

There's no quick, easy answer for this. The two 1075's would likely bennefit you more for home theatre (as you'd bi-amp all 5 channels) or you could bi-amp your mains and centre than have 1 channel each left for surrounds and back speakers in a 7.1 configuration. Based on your post I'm assuming you're doing 7.1...?

Really, from what I've gleaned regarding bi-amping, it depends a lot on your speakers and their crossover and the related power requirements for the speakers tweeter and midrange driver vs the bass driver. For example, speaker "A" might be designed with the power requirements being 40% to the tweeter/midrange and 60% to the woofer. Speaker "B" might be designed with an even 50% going to the tweeter/mid and woofer. In the case of speaker "A" the ideal bi-amping would utilize say a 120W amp for the tweeter/mid and a 180W amp for the woofer. Speaker "B" would work best with two amps of the same wattage or two channels of the same amp. Your best bet here is to email tech support for your speaker manufacturer and ask them for the information regarding your particular models.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• radim
      • Feb 2004

yes, I understand.

Thanks.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

As good as bi amping can be I'd take option 3 any day. There's nothing like a massive 2 channel amp to make speakers sing...esp something as monsterous as the 1090:drool:

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

True Andrew, I think most of us would be quite happy with any of the options... but a 1090 would be nice :P ...lol Though I wonder what 2-1080's bi-amped vs 1-1090 would sound like..... 8O I think radim need to get his dealer to bring all the equipment home for a comparison and get back to us!

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
          Jason

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"