Monitor Audio RS 8 and RMB-1075, a good match?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beermoney
    • Aug 2006

Monitor Audio RS 8 and RMB-1075, a good match?

I was wondering if anyone had this combination up and running. I have been piecing together a 5.1 HT system for about 9 months now. I auditioned the MA S 8s and loved them so when the RS 8s came out I thought these will be even better. In some ways they are but the highs can be harsh. My theater is still coming together so I have not done any critical listening yet but I am concerned by what I've heard so far. I have ordered a RMB 1075 (I was running a AVR 635, which I will now use as a pre/pro) becasue I just want it :T and I'm hoping it will soften the highs some.

If anyone has any experience with these speakers and amp or just has any thoughts, I would appreciate hearing them.

Thanks!
  • len73
    • Jan 2005

Hi there !

The fact is that I have had the opportunity to test this combination at my dealer a few weeks ago !

I have only one thing to say : this match is really GREAT !

I firstly wanted to buy this combination (see my signature !), but after hearing the Gold series, I decided to chose the Gold (sound is just more detached and precise, highs are incredibly soft and pleasant, lows are punchier and tighter).

But don't get me wrong here ! The RS series sound just fantastic for their price and they look great too !

Do not forget that electronics as well a speakers and wires need time to "sound" at their best !

For my information are you going to chose the RS8 for both front and rear ? What sub do you plan to chose ? Do you plan to keep your HK 635 as pre-amp ?

Let me know if you want more details about the combo RMB-1075 and Monitor Audio RS !

Cheers,

Len

Comment

• Pez
      • May 2004

I just got a pair of RS6's using a 1077 amp, sounds awesome. Was going to get the 1075 but decided on the 1077.

Comment

• Beermoney
        • Aug 2006

Len,

Thanks for the response. I have a HSU VTF2 MK2 sub and I do plan to use the 635 as a pre/pro for a while. I'm waiting to see what the next generation of pre/pro from Rotel will bring. My theatre set up is as follows:

RS 8 (fronts)
        S LCR (Center)
        Bfx (surrounds)
        HSU Sub
        Optoma HD72
        HK AVR 635 pre/pro
        RMB1075 on order

I will do 70% movies and 30% musinc but I am very serious about music. I love it and want it to sound good.

I look forward to hearing more detail about the MA/Rotel combination you heard.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"