X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RPD
    • Jan 2012

602 S3 vs 635

Has anyone compared these 2 speakers? The 635 replaced the 602, so I am curious about the difference in sound....
  • sgtjim57
    • Dec 2008

Correction

Originally posted by RPD
    Has anyone compared these 2 speakers? The 635 replaced the 602, so I am curious about the difference in sound....
    Do you mean the 685?
    Sony Bravia OLED A1E 55"
    SVS SB 2000 X 2
    Denon X4000 (Looking to upgrade due to 4K, ATMOS, DTSX)
    Oppo BDP 93
    Apple TV 4K
    B & W N804 Mains
    B & W 603 Rear surrounds
    B & W LCR 600 Center
    B & W CDS6 (Not in use)
    Sony TA N77ES (Not in use)

Comment

• Pio
      • Nov 2005

I own both the 602 and the new 685 - both great speakers, but B&W has outdone itself with the 685. Listening to them side by side, the 602 sounds midrangy, like the vocals are coming through a megaphone. The 685's get everything just right - the lows defy the laws of physics. The bass is punchy, uncompressed yet not overly done.

Again, I'm a fan of both speakers, both have great imaging, sound bigger than their physical size suggests. But side by side the 685 wins with it's midrange.
      Stereo: Revel F208, Parasound JC2, JC1's, Oppo HA-1, VPI, Dynavector, Moon

HT: B&W 802D2, 805S, HTM4, Marantz, OPPO BDP95, Velodyne DD-12's

HP / secondary system: Woo Audio W2, Carver Sunfire, Kef LS50, Denon, and too many headphones to list

Comment

• dan87951
        • Nov 2005

602's in my opinion look nicer but the 685 is the better speaker. Much improved highs and the bass is pretty impressive for the size. Overall great speaker for the money!
        dan87951
        audio guru

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"