X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • browns1
    • Jul 2006

N805 for DM604S3

I'm pondering a decent deal for a pair of N805's with the stands. I'm using the Rotel RSP1068 & RMB1075 combination. I'm currently using a pair of DM604S3's. The room is rather large. 12X14 opening into a 14X23 area. ("L" shaped) Anyway - what differences can I expect. I know the bass response will be different. also, I'm using an ASW675. Would that integrate well with the N805's? Looking for any feedback to possibly help me with the decision (my wife is the other issue but thats another topic) . thanks in advance.
  • akhter
    • Jun 2005

Originally posted by browns1
    I'm pondering a decent deal for a pair of N805's with the stands. I'm using the Rotel RSP1068 & RMB1075 combination. I'm currently using a pair of DM604S3's. The room is rather large. 12X14 opening into a 14X23 area. ("L" shaped) Anyway - what differences can I expect. I know the bass response will be different. also, I'm using an ASW675. Would that integrate well with the N805's? Looking for any feedback to possibly help me with the decision (my wife is the other issue but thats another topic) . thanks in advance.
    The 675 is a great sub. This will be massive upgrade.

Comment

• browns1
      • Jul 2006

This is a very difficult decision. I really do like the 604's and their "full range"
      I have listened to the 705's & 704's at length and did not like them at all. some say that the 705's will give you 90% of the n805. I know there are probably tons of posts on this topic. Also, is the 1075 powerful enough to run the 805's?

Comment

• Briz vegas
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

I think it would be a nice upgrade.

I now have full range 804s after living with 705 and sub for 12 months - the difference in the amount of bass is not that great (particularly if the sub is adjusted properly), although I understand that the 604 is known for its very full bass sound (have not heard it myself).

The amp should be fine. If you decide you want to upgrade the electronics in the future the N805 will show off your investment nicely.
        Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
        Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• akhter
          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by browns1
          This is a very difficult decision. I really do like the 604's and their "full range"
          I have listened to the 705's & 704's at length and did not like them at all. some say that the 705's will give you 90% of the n805. I know there are probably tons of posts on this topic. Also, is the 1075 powerful enough to run the 805's?
          The 800 series has a very special sound, and paired with a sub (integrated properly) will sound much better than any 604 setup.

Comment

• browns1
            • Jul 2006

i do like to listen to classic and modern rock at some loud volumes. usuallly not longer than 15 minutes or so. How are the 805's with rock especially in a fairly large non acoustic friendly room. the 604's do rock and I imagine that adding a RB1080 would really open them up. Since i listen to all kinds of music (70% music 30% HT) maybe that would be my best investment for the next couple of years? this is a great hobby but you hate like hell to make a bad decision.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"