X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keiron99
    • Mar 2004

Need urgent help with RSP1066

I've just taken delivery of an RSP1066 (second hand). I've been reading the manual for days before it came, I've researched everything I can on Rotel's FAQ (where it's the number one question) and here but still, try as I might, I cannot get the OSD to display on my TV. I've tried composite, S Video, all other connections removed, from my DVD and my satellite bos but still no joy. When I press the MENU (OSD) button on the remote, the appropriate indicator comes up on the display, but nothing appears on the TV.
    Please help, I'm desparate!
  • keiron99
    • Mar 2004

Panic over - I realise I need to use the "monitor out" output. However, I have a slight problem with this too - when I have both composite and S Video outputs connected, the TV picture is all over the place.

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Keiron,

Do you have the cable to your TV connected to the "Monitor Out" of the 1066 or the video outputs of the specific inputs? The OSD will only appear on the "Monitor Out" and then only on the appropriate input on your TV. For example if you have the monitor output connected correctly to the "Video 1" input of your TV but you're watching programming through the cable input or "Video 2" etc you still won't see anything until you put the TV on "Video 1".

Hope that helps

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
      Jason

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

You must have posted while I was typing

It could be that your TV only allows either a composite or s-video connection to be connected to 1 input at a time?

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
        Jason

Comment

• Robert
          • Jan 2004

The picture instability you report when simultaneously connecting the s-video cable and the composite video cable is the norm for some, if not most, televisions. I guess it is also implied from your posts that you only have one video-in setup on your tv.

I have two video-in setups on my television, but I am still in a similar situation to yours as I need one for dvd and the second for TiVo. The main menu screen of the RSP-1066 is a must for fine-tuning your preferences, at least until you establish your user defaults.

The best solution I could come up with was to buy a used audio/video selector (or a/v switch) off eBay. This allows me to switch between the TiVo and 1066 monitor out by pressing a button instead of manually swapping out cables on back of the tv. Hopefully, someone else will have a better idea.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"