X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • qtybry
    • Aug 2006

what rotel amps for bw 603

hello guys!

my room is 25 sqm, what rotel amp should i use for my bw 603? thanx!
  • Alex999
    • Jun 2006

RMB 1075 or RB 1080 should be fine (if you are looking for an amp only). What's your preamp? If you need a receiver RSX-1057 is good too for your 603s.

Comment

• qtybry
      • Aug 2006

im goin to use this for stereo only not ht

im thinking of the ff.

603 with RA-1070 cd-1072

603 with RB-1070 RC-1070 cd-1072

603 with RB-1080 RC-1070 cd-1072

wich is the best set up for a 25 sqm room and the best sound of the 3 set up or any other better set up suggetion? thanx

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

RB-1080 is your best choice, the 1090 is the absolute best though.

Your 603 with the RB1080, RC1070, and RCD1072 is definitely the best option!
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• grit
          • Jan 2005

Yeah, don't feed them with a 1070... you'll be missing out.

Comment

• Dmantis
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by grit
            Yeah, don't feed them with a 1070... you'll be missing out.
            Are you sure about that?? I think the 1070 would do a fine job. If upgrading the speakers in the future to N series, then I would say go for a 1080 or 1090. I like how good the 1070 s and it's ability to drive a easy speaker like the 603's.

Dan

Comment

• qtybry
              • Aug 2006

ok thanx guys! i decided to get the 603 with RB-1080 RC-1070 cd-1072

im thinking of getting ixos xha606 interconnect and ixos speaker cables are the cables the best for my set up?

any suggetions and comments? thnax!

Comment

• Rod S
                • Mar 2005

RB 1080 is ideal

I have the same set up except for the RC-1090. The performance vs. cost ratio is fantastic.
                Although you may never need the full 200W from the 1080, it does sound more detailed at lower listening levels than the lower rated Rotels’; also the cost difference is not really that much for an amp capable of driving a much wider range of speakers.

Comment

• qtybry
                  • Aug 2006

hey rod s!

what interconnect and speaker cables do you used for your set up? are you using ixos brand?

Comment

• Rod S
                    • Mar 2005

I'm using Straight Wire for the IC's (Encore II) and bi-wire speaker cable (forgot the model).
                    It's not really because I spent time comparing wire I just got a good discount (60%) on the cables when I bought the components. I think if you get any descent set of IC's and reasonable gauge speaker wire with good connectors you'll be in good shape.
                    Some folks around here purchase from the forum sponser http://www.catcables.com and seem to be happy with the results.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"