X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pjisgreat
    • Sep 2008

DM 603 s1 vs DM 603 s3

Hi,

I can get DM 603 s1 (new, probably old stock) or DM 603 s3 (used ones, about 3-4 years) for about the same price. This is for fronts. For the center channel, I am using LCR 600 S3 and DM 602 s2 for rear speakers.

Which one is a better choice and better value for money. Will the s1 match well with the center channel. What are the differences in s1 and s3.

Thanx For all the help guys.
  • wgriel
    • May 2006

I haven't heard the s1's so I can't really comment on how they compare with the S3s. However, I think you'll get a better match to your LCR 600 with the 603 S3's.

As an aside, I used to own the 603 S3's and I can tell you they are a phenomenal speaker for the price. I sold them to a friend when I moved to 703s, and I still get a chance to listen to them from time to time. They still amaze me. They were also chosen as Stereophile's budget component of the year a few years back.

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

Get the DM603S3s. It's a better speaker and a better match for your center. There are major differences between the Series 3s and Series 1s. The tweeters in the Series 3 speakers use a better dome and a Nautilus tube. The Kevlar mid-woofers have an improved voice coil assembly and the woofer is wholly better. Lastly the crossovers are simpler and better.

Eric

Comment

• audioqueso
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

Get the S3. More refined speaker.
        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• artv4
          • Jun 2007

i love my dm603s3!!!!!! great for my ht needs and awesome for 2 channel. the s3 will go perfect with the 600s3.
          GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"