X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hamiltong
    • Feb 2003

Just got RSP 1068 & RMB 1095.. but

Well, my new toys arrived today. My local dealer came out and installed the equipment. My dealer upgraded the firmware on the RSP 1068 prior to delivering it to my house (same day). After everything was hooked up - we found out that the front left & right channels out of the RSP 1068 were hosed (2 channel, surround, tried every mode). We ensured that the 1095 amp worked - no probs there. Changed cables. We did a restore factory presets, unplugged power, checked settings over and over.. Nothing.. He's gonna take it back to the store and try re-upgrading.

Does anyone have any suggestions??? -gh
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

hamiltong,

Sounds broken to me - this is not normal behaviour for an upgrade etc (unless it was a bad firmware write). I'd wait for your dealer - they can fix it or give you a new one...

Geoff

Comment

• hamiltong
      • Feb 2003

Re-updating the firmware on the RSP 1068 did not fix the problem.. It's being RMA'ed. My dealer offered up a replacement receiver to tie me down 'til a new 1068 arrives. They left me the 1068 manuals & remote - I guess now I have time to program my Marantz RC5200 remote in the meantime. :cry: -gh

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

I hope he didn't leave you the RSP-1098, you may want to keep it :LOL:

Congrats by the way,

Azeke

Comment

• ^ManimaL^
          • Mar 2004

hamiltong,
          you uber geek...stop playing with your vibrating toys...you need to get laid or something.
          ^ManimaL^ :twisted:

Comment

• hamiltong
            • Feb 2003

:roll:

FYI - manimal is a co-worker. Need I say anymore.

Comment

• Azeke
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2003

Who do you guys work for Dr. Ruth :LOL: (couldn't help this one Jason)?

I digress, what pre/pro did you dealer provide as a replacement?

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• hamiltong
                • Feb 2003

My dealer was going to loan me a Rotel Receiver (1057 or something like that), but I decided not to accept a loaner. My equipment rack (that was upgraded recently as well) was already a mess and I only wanted to be bothered when the RMA'ed RSP1068 arrives. Average turn around for an RMA, my dealer mentioned, was no more than a week. I really didn't have time this week to be dealing with this upgrade so it can wait. -gh

Comment

• Azeke
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2003

No need to say more .

Azeke

Comment

• Berlin
                    • Mar 2004

Hamiltong,

What did you make decide to choose the 1068/1095 combination insteed the 1098/1075? I am right now in this dilemma. What would give the best sound or do you need the power?

Berlin

Comment

• hamiltong
                      • Feb 2003

My choices were pretty easy.. They were made for me My dealer only allowed me this upgrade path.

Other than that I'm ok with this combo as there's not much change in the amplication market - the RMB 1095 will outlast my RSP 1068. Hopefully, when I'm ready to upgrade again, Rotel will add more functionality to the RSP 109x as certain technologies mature or are more widely available (ie: HDMI, video upscaling, auto room equalization, etc). -gh

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"