X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • santai33
    • Nov 2007

rotel 1068 vs rsp 1098 vs onkyo 875

Hi i m new to ht set up, i have some questions that i need someone to help me out? I have just bought b&w 803s and htm3s (surround speaker will be last thing to buy). Now for my receiver i m very confused on what to buy, here is the options, can someone tell me which i should take????

1. Onkyo 875 (cheapest $$) with hdmi 1.3, dolby trueHD and dts HD.

2. rotel rsp 1068 + rmb 1095, it doesnt support hdmi 1.3 and the bad news is rsp 1069 is not release yet in my country indonesia. Do i just wait for it?

3. rotel rsp 1098 + rmb 1095 (very very expensive $$ for me ) does it really so good? what is the features that cost it so much? if this is the best option than i have to star saving. :cry:

4. other rotel combination? or onkyo with rmb 1095?

I using my set up 80%HT and 20%ST. It seems that most of the rotel do not provide hdmi 1.3. Do i need it? Or i can just buy dvd player that provide hdmi 1.3 and plug it directly to my lcd? lastly do i need the dolby trueHD and dts HD?
    Last edited by santai33; 29 December 2007, 15:31 Saturday.
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

Well, if you need TrueHD & DTS-HD and your player cannot output 5.1/7.1 analog, then your only choice is the Onkyo.

Onkyo does well with HT use, almost as good as Rotel does, plus with the codecs I think it'd be a smart move. The Onkyo plus Rotel 1095 or 1077 would be an even better choice!

Rotel does "sound" better, but it's a lot more in the Stereo/2-ch/Music listening arena. Not saying it doesn't do awesome with HT, it does...but until they make a unit with HDMI 1.3 & the HD-Codecs...it's a step behind. I personally have the 1098/1095/1080 combo and love it, but wish I did have HD codecs...but I'm willing to wait and see what they eventually offer.

One thing to consider is the more power you can get to the 803s, the happier you will be...so since the Onkyo will lack in that department, adding the 1095 or 1077 or 1092 would greatly help make them sing.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• santai33
      • Nov 2007

thanks for replying. But i m not sure if i do need the TrueHD & DTS-HD or not. I dont really know what the function. I m planning to buy marantz dv7001 for the player. After reading your opinion, i ll buy onkyo and bi-amp for 803s and buy the rmb1095 in the future. I m planning to set 5.1 system.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"