X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robosapien
    • Jul 2005

RSX-1057 vs RX-1052 in stereo

I own a Yamaha RX-V1500 surround receiver and, as you can imagine, am not satisfied with the two channel SQ. Compared to the RX-1052 would the RSX-1057 be capable of satisfying my quest for good two channel sound? I like the processing, switching capabilities, etc. of a surround receiver but I've noticed that a lot of people seem to be returning to good old(good sounding, uncomplicated, inexpensive, reliable) stereo systems. Is there really such a big trade off in stereo sound between dedicated two channel and surround receivers?
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

Rotel does a quite respectable job of providing 2 channel (analog bypass) with all of their pre-pro/reciver combos. Some of the peeps you refer to (myself included) choose to pursue the 2 channel much harder, and thus that is where the bulk of the $$$$ winds up. I went from Yamaha, wich at the time I felt was at the upper end of consumer shot goodies, to Rotel, wich I felt was a big step up in "fidelity".
    I have moved on to tubes for 2 channel but did recently buy an RSX-1056 for ht.
    In a nutshell at the price points you refer, to there is not much if any difference between the dedicated good old 2 channel reciever and the HT recievers w/ 2 channel bypass.
    I would first ask my self wich is more important, 2 channel or ht, and then ask myself just how "into" this hobbie am I ($$$$).

Comment

• Robosapien
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by soundhound
      I would first ask my self wich is more important, 2 channel or ht, and then ask myself just how "into" this hobbie am I ($$$$).
      That's a tough question. In a way they're equally important depending what I'm listening to at a given time. In ''time spent listening to'' I guess it's about 70% TV, 15% movies and 15% music.

Way before the coming of surround(1980's) I owned a few high end systems(Audio Research, Threshold, etc). I lived in the country and could only get one channel(french) on my shi**y 14'' TV.
      99% of the time I'd listen to music, drink wine and watch the lake/fireplace.

Comment

• soundhound
        • Mar 2004

99% of the time I'd listen to music, drink wine and watch the lake/fireplace.[/QUOTE]
        Serenity at its finest :T
        If you like Rotels sound I would bet any of their ht recievers would keep you content for some tiime to come.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"