X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • perla4u
    • Apr 2007

HDMI Output to LCD from RSX1057 not working

Dear,

Thanks all for the great help you have provided. This forum rocks!

A new problem and I seek your help again. I have hooked up the Bluray player to the HDMI input of the Rotel RSX1057 and an HDMI out from the receiver is connected to the LCD TV. I am able to get the audio to the speakers but not able to get the video over the HDMI to the LCD TV. I have hooked up the HDMI to the VIDEO2 of the receiver. Some how, when I try to configure the VID INPUT on the receiver to HDMI, there is no option provided to me (only Video1 to Video5 or OFF options provided). Also, on the Samsung LCD, the source button gives no detection of this HDMI connection from the receiver, says no input signal detected.

I think I have to map the video2 output to the HDMI to get the display on to the LCD but couldn't do it.

Also, I am able to watch the regular composite video from the bluray thru' Receiver onto the LCD.

Can you please let me know what am I doing wrong here? I appreciate all your help.

Kevin: Thanks a lot for all the help in my earlier post about the Digital/Analog audio video from the RSX. A great help. I am able to watch the regular satellite and dvd's via this way (composite way).

Regards,
    Perla
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The HDMI's on the 1057 are hard coded to the video inputs. IE, HDMI 1 is only available on video 1 and HDMI 2 is only available on video 2.

First make sure everything else is working. Run the HDMI from the blu-ray direct to the TV and see if you get a picture.

Kevin D.

Comment

• perla4u
      • Apr 2007

Hello Kevin,

Great to see your input again. Yes, the HDMI from BLU-RAY to LCD TV works great. Its just that thru' the receiver, the HDMI switching was not working. I think I have the HDMI input connected to HDMI1 and I was trying to get in working on VIDEO2. I will change the HDMI input from 1 to 2 and see if everything works fine.

If I connect the HDMI 2 input, do I have to do anything on the receiver to match (Under MENU->INPUT->VID INPUT) to select? I didn't see any HDMI option here, only VIDEO1 to 5 options. So, if I connect HDMI input from Bluray to HDMI2 on the RSX, and select VIDEO2 for VID INPUT, the RSX should get the HDMI data to the LCD TV automatically??

Thanks for all the help.

PS: The new Samsung UN55B7100 is just drop dead gorgeous. Extremely thin design (electronic art . I haven't listened to the AUDIO from it.

Regards,
      Perla

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by perla4u
        Hello Kevin,

If I connect the HDMI 2 input, do I have to do anything on the receiver to match (Under MENU->INPUT->VID INPUT) to select? I didn't see any HDMI option here, only VIDEO1 to 5 options. So, if I connect HDMI input from Bluray to HDMI2 on the RSX, and select VIDEO2 for VID INPUT, the RSX should get the HDMI data to the LCD TV automatically??
        Regards,
        Perla
        You got it, no menu changing needed.

Kevin D.

Comment

• perla4u
          • Apr 2007

Great. I will do that once I get home.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"