Any Rotel/APC line conditioners avail. yet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • martino
    • Aug 2004

Any Rotel/APC line conditioners avail. yet?

I've been waiting 2 months for the RLC-1040 to come in stock. Any of your retailers have this line cond. yet?

In Rotel Veritas

Martino
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

I've seen a few posts from lucky folks who've got there's. I say give your dealer a call and see what's up?
    Jason

Comment

• shep
      • Dec 2004

my retailer in the Maryland area says he won't carry them, as they already have the Monster products, but can special order for me. That is what I am doing.

Comment

• Jaynaldo
        • May 2006

rlc-1040

I live in Bethesda, MD. I got mine through Meyer Emco. They didn't have it in stock, but was quickly ordered.

Comment

• Andrew M Ward
          • Apr 2005

The RLC-1040 and RLC-1080 are both available in either Black or Silver, if dealers don't have them on the retail floor it's not due to availability issues.

Comment

• miket
            • Oct 2004

Hello Andrew,

when do you think these conditioners will become available in Europe?

thanks..............miket

Comment

• WI Rotel
              • Jul 2006

Not to burst your expectations but Belkin makes a line of power line conditioners called Pure AV. They are excellent. At the store we used a line noise meters to compare it to a monster line conditioner (the meter was a monster meter) to everybody's surprise the "cheap" (not really it was 300 bucks) belkin filtered better than the pro monster filter by one whole order of magnitude. The Belkin barely measured at all! The power cable on the thing is 3/4 inch thick and 12 feet long! An incredible buy. If you are looking for an excellent filter now there is really no need to wait for the Rotel. Furthermore, if you are running a dedicated power amp such as the RMB 1095, rotel actually recommends not using a power filter on it, they recommend you run it straight from the wall.

Comment

• mattburk
                • Feb 2003

What one is actually better? The rotel or the belkin? Doen't the rotel actually regulate the power?
                www.mycstone.com
                www.coverednow.com
                www.biarenton.com

Comment

• H.Donald
                  • Aug 2004

That was the feature that sold me on the 1040..the voltage regulation.During the summer,mine dips down to 107/108...with this machine it is constant 119/122.

There seems to be plenty of these units in the Boston area...the dealer I went to had several in black and silver.

Comment

• H.Donald
                    • Aug 2004

Also...I find no difference in plugging my 1095 into it or the wall.

Comment

• WI Rotel
                      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by mattburk
                      What one is actually better? The rotel or the belkin? Doen't the rotel actually regulate the power?
                      If it regulates power that is a different story. The belkin is simply a line "conditioner" AKA filter and source isolator its a modern "isobar" system.

Comment

• wb2fcr
                        • Dec 2005

Belkin makes a couple of UPS type units that regulate power like the 1080 Rotel.

I'm currently looking at either to add to my system.

The way the power goes out here localy whenever a thunderstorm comes through, I want something to protect my equipment. I would like something with an UPS to give the fan in my LCD time to cycle and cool the bulb before turning off.

Seaking of which - another thunderstorm currently heading my way. I can hear the rumblings....
                        Dave

Comment

• Andrew M Ward
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by wb2fcr
                          Belkin makes a couple of UPS type units that regulate power like the 1080 Rotel.

I'm currently looking at either to add to my system.

The way the power goes out here localy whenever a thunderstorm comes through, I want something to protect my equipment. I would like something with an UPS to give the fan in my LCD time to cycle and cool the bulb before turning off.

Seaking of which - another thunderstorm currently heading my way. I can hear the rumblings....
                          Uhh... The 1040 and the 1080 both provide real-time voltage regulation... and filtration and surge protection, both units....

Just to be clear

The only KEY difference between the RLC-1040 and RLC-1080 is a battery pack, and a few other little things I won't get into...

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by mattburk
                            Also, consider the APC units which, afaik, are the same as the Rotels but without the cosmetics.

Kal
                            Kal Rubinson

Comment

• llubon
                              • Apr 2006

I live in Minnesota, I ordered (2) 1040 and received mine in 2 weeks... my dealer did say this was his 1st order and had no idea how long it could take, but sure enough he called back. I have had mine running and it looks fantastic (runs well too) I have a new home with good wiring so I have no problems... BUT my brother lives in an older home & when he plugged his in... the thing was clicking & klacking lt & rt adjusting the voltage... My brother about fell over... The interesting thing is you can adjust the voltage band width from narrow to wide depending on what you may need, when he set his to wide it helped and now only adjust's every now and then.

Comment

• Andrew M Ward
                                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by llubon
                                I live in Minnesota, I ordered (2) 1040 and received mine in 2 weeks... my dealer did say this was his 1st order and had no idea how long it could take, but sure enough he called back. I have had mine running and it looks fantastic (runs well too) I have a new home with good wiring so I have no problems... BUT my brother lives in an older home & when he plugged his in... the thing was clicking & klacking lt & rt adjusting the voltage... My brother about fell over... The interesting thing is you can adjust the voltage band width from narrow to wide depending on what you may need, when he set his to wide it helped and now only adjust's every now and then.
                                Yeah,
                                can you imagine all that "swinging" voltage-up-and-down being fed to a 50 inch $6000.oo plasma.... YIKES!

real time voltage correction is HUGE-ly important (in my opinion)

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Andrew M Ward
                                  Yeah,
                                  can you imagine all that "swinging" voltage-up-and-down being fed to a 50 inch $6000.oo plasma.... YIKES!

real time voltage correction is HUGE-ly important (in my opinion)
                                  Not necessarily for this. I can monitor current and voltage on the APC S-15 while my Fujitsu 50" goes through its paces. Current draw varies over a range of 2-3 amps depending on picture content but voltage barely moves a volt or so. In fact, although I cherish the S-15 these summer weekends with their line sags and the current-sucking of my A/C compressor, it never goes into battery mode and rarely ever into AVR mode the rest of the year.

Kal
                                  Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Joey_V
                                    • Jul 2005

Still waiting for some to pop up on the 'gon... or until my dealer gets some. I need some voltage regulation up in here.

BTW, what prices are we looking at here for the 40 vs 80?
                                    Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
                                    Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
                                    System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• miner
                                      • Mar 2005

$500 & $1500 I believe.

Comment

• martino
                                        • Aug 2004

I will be getting my 1040 in a couple of days

After reading here that folks have their units..I went back to my guy and asked if they have shipped..He has one unit with my name on it (since I informed him on their exsistance!
                                        Question; somtimes I wish to watch TV without turning the whole kit on (just the TV speakers)...is there anything like a zone 2 setup with the 1040?
                                        If no I may keep my RLC-900 for my cable box and TV and use the 1040 for my audio gear.

Cheers

Martino

Comment

• H.Donald
                                          • Aug 2004

The unit can remain 'on' at all times.When you plug your equipment into it,shutoff for that equipment remains the same.

There are two outlets which can be set to turn off with the use of 12 volt triggers.

Mine remains in the 'on' position at all times...I turn my other units off with the 12 volt triggers from my RSP 1068.

Comment

Working...
                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                          Search Result for "|||"