ROTEL 1066/1075 - APC 450 UPS Compatibility?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ti33er
    • Apr 2004

ROTEL 1066/1075 - APC 450 UPS Compatibility?

Hi again,

My work is throwing out some perfectly good APC UPSs, and wonder if any of you delightful fellows know whether or not they would be able to support my ROTEL 1066/1075 units? (and if they are worth using anyway?)

The specs are as follows: (I live in the UK and not terribly clued up on electricity unfortunately!)

APC Powerstack 450 <www.apcc.com>

Input Voltage AC 230 V (UK)
    Input Voltage Range AC 160 - 286 V
    Input Voltage Range (Adjustable) AC 151 - 302 V
    Frequency Required 50/60 Hz
    Input Connector(s) 1 x power IEC 320 EN 60320 C14
    Output Voltage AC 230 V
    Output Connector(s) 4 x power IEC 320 EN 60320 C13
    Power Provided 450 VA
    Surge Suppression Standard
    Energy Rating 320 Joules

Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks, Paul
    "...if it's too loud, you're too old!"
  • ti33er
    • Apr 2004

Sorry, here is the proper URL for the APC 450 UPS (if this makes things any easier?)

Comment

• aarsoe
      • May 2004

Hi

Yes, you can use it - but I doubt it will be usefull. The smaller APC UPS (and most other smaller UPS) all have a system where the batteries are put "on-line" in case of a power failure, that means that there is actually a small time when there is no power (milliseconds - but still).
      So what does this mean to you? Well you will still have surge suppression but the real sonic benifit would be to have an UPS that feeds batteries that then feeds your equipment - that way you would be able to draw additional power when needed. Now all you get is a not to good power filtering, and you may actually find that it decreases the sonic performance of your eqipment.
      This have at least been my experience when I tried it with a bigger UPS also from APC.

But - for all means try it..

Comment

• ti33er
        • Apr 2004

Thanks for this info - this must be one of those SPS's then (Standby Power Supply!) ARGH!! ..I was hoping it would clean up the power, but I guess it will be a waste of space if that is the case (

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"