X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • H.Donald
    • Aug 2004

Question about new Rotel line conditioners

First and foremost...how do they do it??...mainly the price.The new 1040 is going to sell for less than 500 bucks.It has all the amenities...multi-stage protection,isolated noise filter banks,and here's what gets me....automatic voltage regulation.

M**ster has their AVS 2000,which retails for over 1500 dollars,and it's sole job is voltage regulation.We can debate all day if we really need it...but you still have to buy a power conditioner for full protection.Which will range between 300 to 1000 dollars more.

So my question is...how does APC/Rotel make a product for under 500 dollars to replace two Monster products that you would need to spend 5 times as much for.

I know that Monster is over priced....but am I missing something?
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by H.Donald
    I know that Monster is over priced....but am I missing something?
    Well there's that, I mean you are paying for there advertising and litigation depts... :B : :lol:

But secondly, remember that APC is one of the worlds largest and most succesful companies in this field, their expertise, sheer volume, component sharing and economies of scale etc all contribute to affordably priced, quality components
    Jason

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Exactly, APC does one thing; Monster does (attempts) everything.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Russ L
        • Jul 2006

H. Donald
        You can get the new 1040 in an APC box for about for about 299US. Just doesn't look as nice as the Rotel unit! So all that for even less money! Check out their site...APC H series power conditioner (if memory serves...?)
        Russ
        Russ

Comment

• H.Donald
          • Aug 2004

Thank you,but I just bought the 1040,I paid 450,plus tax for the Rotel "look"....and still feel like it was a bargain.

Comment

• Russ L
            • Jul 2006

The Rotel 1040 is the 1.5 kVA version and the APC equivalent costs $399US. (The APC 1.0 kVA version costs 299). So I would pay an extra $50 for the Rotel look to match my RSX-1057 and to handle a greater amount of power. Well worth it!
            Russ
            Russ

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"