X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

Receiver shopping, Considering Rotel 1056 and I got Questions

I'm buying a full blown 7.1 setup in a few weeks. The receiver upgrade from my current Sony 444es will probably happen in May or late April from what I can tell(TV is first!). This is part of my entire gutting of my previous equipment.

$1,100 is a rough top end estimate of what I can allocate for this expenditure.

The must have features are:
    1. 3 component ins
    2. PLIIx
    3. Mutliroom/Multisource capability(2 or 3 zones)

The rest is gravy. I'm not so convinced the auto Room eq is a big deal yet so I'm open to considering brands w/o it(Like NAD and Rotel). The lack of PLIIx pretty much kills the NAD at this point(not hearing any chance for an upgrade anytime soon either)

The current top contenders are:
    Yamaha RXV2400
    Denon 3805(arriving any day now to the stores)
    Marantz 7400

The Pioneer Elite line is out until they release a new model and the Rotel 1056 is a possibility so I have some questions:

1. Is it upgradable? I thought it was but maybe I'm wrong. It's not listed as a feature on the site.
    2. Does it have 3 component ins like the top end 1067?
    3. Do you think I could get on for $1,000 US? If I go this route I'll have to do some shopping for a cheap 2 channel amp to power the rears or my fronts as they only have 5 channels =/
    4. I assume from what I can tell it has Pro Logic IIx

FWIW, the speakers will be a Phase Tech Velocity 7.1 setup with an SVS Pb2+ for a subwoofer

As you can see the budget is tight and if I have a remote chance of getting it for that price(if it doesn't happen then its dead in the water anyway).

TIA,
    Shane
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

1. Is it upgradable? I thought it was but maybe I'm wrong. It's not listed as a feature on the site.
    Yes.

2. Does it have 3 component ins like the top end 1067?
    I believe so

3. Do you think I could get on for $1,000 US? If I go this route I'll have to do some shopping for a cheap 2 channel amp to power the rears or my fronts as they only have 5 channels =/
    Typical prices seem to be 10 to 15 percent off list...esp you you're buying more gear from that dealer or have a prior relationship with them.

4. I assume from what I can tell it has Pro Logic IIx
    Yes it will...if it doesn't ship with it it can be upgraded to PLIIx for free with a firmware upgrade that's downloadable from their website

Comment

• Shane Martin
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2001

Anyone know if it will due component upconversion as well?

Otherwise it appears all I need to do is find me a cheap amp to go with it and a good price from the dealer.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Yes it will upconvert to component

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"