X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • penny lane
    • Jul 2006

Thinking of buying a Rotel RDV 1092 DVD Player

I have been thinking of getting the RDV 1092 player. I am not sure if I should go with the Rotel or the Toshiba HD or wait for the Blu Ray. I have the RMB 1095 amp and the RSP 1068 Pre. I am also using B & W 803's for the fronts as well as B & W's for the center channel and rears. Can anyone suggest anything? Thank you
  • jim777
    • Mar 2005

Do you already have a large collection of DVD's or do you rent them all instead? The 1092 is a great player to watch your "legacy" DVD's upscaled to the best quality. I saw the 1092 yesterday and PQ is really great. It's top-quality deinterlacing (480i to xxxp) is what impressed me the most.

Comment

• ICEMAN70
      • Apr 2006

My dealer had a RDV-1092 hooked up to one of their LCD TV's. I was very impressed with the picture quality of the player. They where playing the House Of Flying Daggers on it. The Canadian price on this player was $1900.

Than i was at BB yesterday getting some cables. I had a chance to watch the Toshiba HD DVD player. They had the Last Samuri playing on that one.

If it is was up to me, i would have walked out with the Toshiba and save $$$ on top. The picture quality was sharper, more clear than the RDV-1092. That's why i am waiting to get a HD DVD player when they sort out all the bugs with HDMI 1.1

The Rotel RDV-1092 is a very nice unit and would match my system very Nice, but for $1900 CDN they are i think better players on the market.

Cheers,

Comment

• penny lane
        • Jul 2006

I have about 40 or so DVD but I just joined netflix and will be doing alot of renting in the future. I do not watch most of my DVDs

Comment

• Boone38
          • Dec 2004

I have the 1092 and think the picture quality is AWSOME. My pioneer Elite will handle up to the 1080i with the hdmi connection. I also own about 40-50 dvds and rent allot. Main reason I have this player is that I have the 1075/1068 and B & W 804s. The audio is very sharp and detailed as well.
          I looked at the Toshiba but mainly wanted to match my system and keep the over all quality high. I would think you would be hard pressed to tell the difference between the too. I find it hard to believe that the Toshiba looked that much better.
          There are allot of variables in the adjustments, TV and cables.
          Hope this helps but my vote is for the 1092.

Comment

• grit
            • Jan 2005

Can anyone comment on the 2-ch analog audio quality for redbook CD playback?

Comment

• nash
              • Mar 2004

The Toshiba HD-DVD player is one of the best upscaling players on the market. It outperforms my Denon 2910 for SD DVD content, and costs $200 less. Throw in the fact that it plays HD-DVD (which is really amazing on a good TV), and I don't think you can beat it. It is somewhat slow to load discs, but other than that it works extremely well for a first generation player. I can't comment on its audio quality for 2CH, I use it for movies only. The built in DACs are top quality though, and the analog 5.1 output (which you need to use for Dolby Digital Plus and TrueHD until HDMI 1.3 players come out) is actually better than using coax to my 1066. Even if you never bought an HD DVD disc, it still outperforms upscaling "regular" players costing 3-4 times more.

Nothing against the Denon player, as I'm sure it's fantastic... but I just can't recommend anyone buying a high grade upscaling player these days. The Toshiba upscales just as well, or better than, and plays HD DVD to boot... and costs less.

Comment

• marano
                • May 2006

Here's a pretty good post on Toshibia's HD-DVD player as a CD player - http://www.highdefforum.com/showthread.php?t=25018

Comment

• sirbogey
                  • Mar 2006

how does the 1092 compare to the 1060 apart from the HDMI?

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"