Please "HELP" MY RDV-1060 went Caput!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chinets
    • Jun 2005

Please "HELP" MY RDV-1060 went Caput!!!!

Hi everyone,
    My Rotel DVD player RDV-1060 just broke down on me.!!!!!!! And its NEW only several months old????????
    First, A week ago, it started giving me distorted pictures and the picture started to roll over a week ago and finally the picture disappeared ,but the sound was good. Therefore, it did not play DVD Movies and give a picture, but I was able to play DVD-A.
    Then when I ejected the DVD and put it back in again ,it started to play a picture and sound. Things got worse as the picture went from dark to light but the sound stayed again the same. This happened for a few days and finally:
    Yesterday I tried to put any DVD whether it is a movie or DVD-A But the player will NOTrecognize a DVD and state NO CD or would just give a CLOSE signal on the player and the player will try loading forever an then make a Mosquito noise like it is scratching the DVD in the player so I eject it immediately,and try all over again and the player will not play any DVD whatsover,but funny enough it would play a regular Music CD..How strange?? What could be the problem???
    My dealer says it could be a software problem, but cannot do anything now as his technician is in the Philippines for vacation?? Plus he says it could be a loose cable from the DVD to my T.V. I doubt that but i can't say for sure as I would need a technician to go behind my massive cables etc.. at the back of my Built in cuboard which I could never reach behind without a serious technician.
    Has anyone experienced this type of problem from a several month owned RDV-1060???
    Please if anyone can help....please advice me immediately as to what to do??? I'm desperate here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks in advance,
    Chinets[
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

That's definitely not a software or cable problem. Sounds like the laser assembly is messed up. If your dealer is insisting on not looking at it until his technician gets back, call Rotel directly.

Kevin D.

Comment

• chinets
      • Jun 2005

Kevin D,
      God Bless you and Thank you!!! Will call Rotel Monday morning!!!!!!!!!!
      Thanks,
      Chinets

Comment

• chinets
        • Jun 2005

How come it will play CD ,if the laser assembly is messed up, but will NOT play any DVD????
        STRANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Chinets

Comment

• grit
          • Jan 2005

Different lasers I think. Or at least different wave lengths. Sounds like you need a repair or replacement.

Comment

• chinets
            • Jun 2005

Is that something that has happened to anyone before????????

This is not a Normal incident (Laser failure) right????

I had this DVD Player for only several months now. Is this a serious problem or failure??? Can this be fixed easily or should I request an immediate replacement for this player.
            I believe the technician here will not be able to fix this if this is a complicated issue and would have to be shipped back to the U.K. for fixing...What a bumer unless it is a simple thing to fix??? Any answers here???
            Thanks for all your kind help,
            Regards,
            Chinets

Comment

• MarkR
              • Jan 2005

Don't panic, it should be an easy repair to replace the transport (laser). Worst case, you may have to wait for replacement parts in which case you should ask for a loaner to use while you wait.

Comment

• chinets
                • Jun 2005

Thanks MarkR.......A bit of a relief for me!!!!!!!!!!!!
                My dealer does not give out loaners and stated he will either fix it or send for new parts from the U.K.!!!! I'm still out of a DVD player. I have a sony 900 ES for SACD and Video that I can connect ,but I will not have the privelage of my DVD-A that I so love. I also love the Rotel quality in HT too and that is what I'll probably miss most for the next few weeks.
                Thanks for all who helped.
                I appreciate it,
                Regards,
                Chinets

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"