X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Junkjet
    • Mar 2006

RSX-1056 Video Switching ???

Hi All:
    I have another 1056 setup question for you. Recently my girlfriend found a box of VHS tapes that she wanted reviewed prior to disposal, so I connected the VCR directly to the TV just so she could check out a few of these tapes. Well now she wants the VCR to stay so I thought that I’d hook it up through the receiver to avoid having to switch the TV input every time we use the VCR.

This particular VCR only has a composite out, so I connected it to the #1 composite in on the receiver thinking that its signal would be displayed on my TV through the component mon out. It is not working. What have I overlooked? The audio works but no video. The only way I’ve been able to get the video to display through the receiver is if I connect another composite cable from the receivers composite mon out, then I'm back to switchintg the TV input. Help me I'm feeling stupid. :huh:

Thanks,
    Junk
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The conversion process from composite to component is not 100% with VCR's. If the output is not exactly in sync you will not get a conversion. Best bet is to get a better VCR with built in TBC (time-based-correction) or look at adding an external TBC device.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Junkjet
      • Mar 2006

Kevin,
      Thanks for the prompt response. Out of curiosity I tried my PS2 and got the same results, do you think the same thing is happening. I’m starting to wonder if something is wrong with my receiver.

Is their some place that I could go to read up on this (TBC) I’m new to this stuff and now I’m curious. Thanks again.

Junk

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

PS2 should be fine, sounds like something is wrong with the video boards.

Here's a good link on TBC: http://www.questronix.com.au/info/info_tbc.htm

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"